2002 Land Rover Range Rover

2002 Land Rover Range Rover
Available in 1 styles:  2002 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr AWD shown

12 city / 15 hwy

Overall

My second Rover, that says it all.

by Shawn from Oshkosh, WI | July 21, 2012

Like the title states this is my second Rover. My first was a "99 HSE. I love these things. Very nice ride, good performance, classic style, and comfortable. The only down side is the fuel economy. However knowing I can go anywhere anytime, I'll deal with it. My family drove one of these years ago when we lived in central Africa so you know durability is well built in. My only real complaint is the mechanics of the car. My first Rover suffered engine failure when the aluminum block, steel sleeved design failed and the engine drew in all the coolant into the combustion chamber. $7500 to fix meant I had to sell it for parts. Not it's first or only coolant issue. The headliner sags, in my '02 as well. Lastly parts are expensive. Rediculously expensive! Most extended warranty programs wont cover any Land Rover product, and since Ford and then Jaguar have owned Rover they've only gotten worse. This sadly will be my last Rover product even though I love it. Despite all the bad, at least it not a Disco!

Rover all over

by Rover Nut from Chicago | February 1, 2012

I love the Rangie, hard to believe that a few years ago these were 65k and now they can be had for 6k. Yes they will need maintenance, but do that and you 'll be able to go anywhere you want in comfort and with no worries about any weather related issues. Just keep your eyes and ears open to changes in the vehicle and you'll do fine.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best bang for the buck bought used, if left stock.

by Valhakar from Phoenix, AZ | April 15, 2011

I was looking for a vehicle that can do it all well. Civil manners for road trips. Decent towing for track days or a camper. High clearance for camping. Low seating for children and older folks. This is possible due to the electronic air suspension that automatically lowers the car for highway speeds and raises it if you get high-sided off road. Manual lowering for loading and unloading is simply a push of a button. KEEP the air suspension. Off-road - Taken the family all over the Arizona high desert in it. Easily takes on class 3 trails stock with little drama. Only invested in differential guards/tires. Towing - It will tow my trailered Subaru over the mountains to the track with no issues. The standard 2 inch tow hitch and factory trailer lighting work perfectly. Aging in-laws- With a push of a button I can lower the car to minivan levels to allow the older folks to get in comfortably. Dogs - the leather is supple but tough. 2 large labs sit in the back seat often and the leather shows no scratching. Same for the plastic and the wood trim. Wife - Heated seats. Nice stereo. Lots of elbow room. High seating position. Room for all the animals camping. Me - Acceptable cornering, its not a sports car but it will settle into a corner well. No brake fade. Acceptable highway acceleration (using my race GPS tracking unit, I get 0-60 in 8.32). Acceptable maintenance cycle. Cost. 2001 and 2002 only released the HSE 4.6L V-8, meaning you got a top of the line Range Rover. As of 2010 you can get a 2002 with 70K miles for 9-14K depending on the maintenance level. I bought mine on the lower middle range of that and had to put about $400 into it for mechanical fixes. You spend a little more on maintenance but you literally get a car that can do it all.

Best SUV in ever Owned!!!!!

by SUV Enthusiast from West Virginia | December 18, 2009

I have had over 5 different SUV's I have had Jeep Limited, GMC Envoy, Ford Exploder, and Chevy Tahoe, but they don't compare to the luxury of a Range Rover. However, I have always taken my SUV's off road, that where the Range Rover stand out a King of SUV. Now, I know why they are uses in the Jungle and the desert, they are just the ulimate in off road reliablity and comfort. Like my friend who turn me on to the Range Rover if they wasn't reliable you wouldn't see them all over 3rd World countries. I'm glad I brought the Rover over some falk SUV.

Very Lux!

by RoverOver from Atlanta | June 17, 2007

I am very glad I bought a Range Rover and glad to have bought one when they were not just overpriced Fords. The 2002 Range Rover is just classy and beautiful. The ultimate ride and pure luxury are not to mislead you, these things can flat out run in snow and off road. They are not legendary for nothing!

Very comfortable

by Rover nut from Seattle, Wa | October 30, 2006

There is a reason why this is elite SUV. The comfort and luxury surpass any other SUV that I test drove before I bought this one. The best choice I could have made and I think everyone should drive one.

Featured Services for this Land Rover Range Rover