2012 Land Rover Range Rover

12 city / 18 hwy

Overall

My third range Rover

by Mr. SUV from Aventura | September 14, 2014

This is my third range rover and the car despite of the exterior look lacks reliability. The brake pads are gone after 12K miles, if you take the car to the dealership they will charge you $1,200 to replace them, in other places it will be half, the air suspension is gone after 2 or 3 years…. and this one is quite expensive, about 4K. Nice look but a terrible value for money

Reliable and Classy

by Sports Mom from Georgia | June 5, 2014

I have purchased several cars over the years from Lucky Motors to include my recent purchase of a 2012 Land Range Rover. The Land Rover has impeccable performance and exquisite interior design. I not only feel safe and confident in the handling of this vehicle but it embodies class and style at the same time. I have two young children so it is important to me to have a vehicle that is reliable and provides enough room for my family.

Best Car I Have Owned

by Skimixer13 from Westchesterm NY | February 23, 2013

I bought myself the 2012 Range Rover HSE in Baltic Blue after having a BMW 750Li. I must say that the range rover has exceeded my expectations and it drives much smoother than my old BMW. The only complaint I can think of is the slightly outdated media interface. Land Rover is great with service! They pick up my Range Rover if there is an error and leave me another Range Rover in its absence. I would definitely recommend this car to my friends.

Incrediblw SUV

by nthrich from San Diego CA | November 17, 2012

This 2012 Autobiography is the finest SUV built. The power and performance is beathtaking especially for such a heavy vehicle. The ride, fit and finish is beyond perfection. The off road capability is second to none. I have had the vehicle for 11 months and 14,000 miles and no issues, complaints or problems of any kind. This vehicle is solid and flawless.

Very enjoyable.

by Mr. Plow from Bay Area, CA | June 6, 2012

I purchased this vehicle a short time ago and absolutely look forward to driving it each day. The ride is extremely comfortable and the interior styling feels very well thought-out. The Range Rover test drive and purchase experience is fun in its own right, and i'm not sure I can say the same for any other car i've purchased. We test drove multiple models, (new and used) and couldn't deny the difference of quality and refinement that the Range Rover gave us over the Sport model. Also, if you are a taller person (i'm 6'3") the Sport may feel a bit claustrophobic with what feels like a shorter roofline and less room from driver to steering column. Power from the engine is more than i'm used to -- my prior car had a turbo-aspirated 2.3L 4-cyl. engine, so moving to a 5.0L V8 is a significant change. The Range Rover hides the brusqueness of the power and makes it feel effortless to use it when you need it. This is not a flashy vehicle; you will enjoy the amenities it affords without the stares of passers-by that you might get driving a Porsche Cayenne or a Cadillac Escalade. Restrained and understated in my opinion. Do be aware that there is an upcoming refresh likely in 2014 and rumors are that it will borrow styling cues from the RR Evoque -- I'm not keen on the Evoque but it is something to note when you consider a purchase.

Perhaps the most comfortable car I've owned

by John from Chicago, IL | March 31, 2012

I bought this car about 3 months ago and I absolutely love it. It rides smoothly and the comfort in the cabin is exceptional. I had narrowed my choices down to 3 SUV's. The first was the Mercedes Benz GL class and I enjoyed it. The ride quality was good and the overall styling was great. The second was the BMW X5 and it was a good looking car, but the seats were as hard as rocks. The 2nd row comfort was deplorable and the trunk space was very limited. After testing all 3 of them, there was no doubt in my mind that the Range Rover was my favorite. I haven't had any mechanical problems yet, and I don't think I'll be experiencing any problems anytime soon.

2012 Range Rover - in the shop within a month!!

by RangeRoverRegret from New York, NY | February 8, 2012

Do not buy this car!! The reliability issues haven't been resolved. Within 3 weeks of my purchase the coolant light was on - then the Heating/AC wouldn't work properly - and finally it needed a major mechanical repair that required me to have it in the shop for over a week!! I previously had a Lexus for 5 years that never needed more than an oil change. Do yourself a favor and don't be seduced by the Prestige - its not worth the headache.

best SUV in its class

by panadol from | December 12, 2011

no rival for good outlook and offroad excellent engine pick up. smooth sound outperforming on normal roads. none in its interior comparable