2012 Land Rover Range Rover
Starting MSRP $79,425–$94,820
Land Rover's five-seat Range Rover SUV is offered with a supercharged V-8 or a naturally aspirated V-8, both derived from Jaguar engines. It occupies a unique corner of the market; its closest competitor is the Mercedes-Benz G-Class.
The Range Rover Sport and Range Rover Evoque models are listed separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2012
The luxurious Range Rover Autobiography Ultimate Edition debuts for 2012. Priced at $170,000, just 500 will be sold globally. Special features include a hand-crafted leather interior with machined aluminum trim, iPad-based rear-seat entertainment, a teak cargo floor and a 510-horsepower, supercharged V-8 engine.
The regular Range Rover receives revised exterior trim and gains standard HD Radio and iPod connectivity. An optional Tow Prep Kit includes a towing crossmember with a receiver, towing electronics and a full-size spare tire.
The Range Rover has a traditional, upright SUV shape. Ground clearance measures 8.7 inches, but that can rise for off-road treks. Exterior features include:
- Clamshell hood
- Horizontally split tailgate
- 19- or 20-inch alloy wheels
The Range Rover seats up to five. The interior can be trimmed in luxurious leather and genuine wood. On uplevel models, power-reclining rear seats are available. Interior features include:
- Standard three-zone automatic air conditioning
- Standard touch-screen navigation system
- Standard heated leather-trimmed steering wheel
- Standard heated front and rear seats
- Optional surround camera system
- Optional backseat entertainment system
- Optional stainless-steel pedals
Under the Hood
Two 5.0-liter V-8s are available. The naturally aspirated V-8 produces 375 hp and 375 pounds-feet of torque. Land Rover also offers a supercharged version that generates 510 hp and delivers 461 pounds-feet of torque. Mechanical features include:
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Standard full-time four-wheel drive
- Terrain Response adjusts SUV's reaction to various types of terrain
Safety features include:
- Standard airbags include front-impact, front-seat-mounted side-impact airbags, side curtain airbags for all outboard occupants and a driver's knee airbag
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard backup camera
- Standard all-terrain Dynamic Stability Control
- Optional blind spot warning system
- Optional adaptive headlights
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Kelsey Mays||Cars.com National||March 21, 2012|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||March 21, 2012|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Land Rover Range Rover
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.