2000 Lexus ES 300

2000 Lexus ES 300
Available in 1 styles:  2000 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan shown

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Safest Car Ive ever been in, No Recalls Ever!

by whw052686 from Massachusetts | November 25, 2014

Saved our lives, will be buying another 2000 or 2001 es300. worth every penny. Very low maintenance. has steel reinforcement bars in doors. better mpg than advertised, calculated around 28 to 29 mpg on highway. cup holders could have been better. Reliable, For a 15 year old car to have no recalls, that's unheard of. Lexus Built this car perfectly. if they reproduced this car today (with improved cup holders) it would be a top seller! It is not a sports car but does have enough power for its class. Very Impressed. Most comfortable soft leather, and great 7.1 stock sound system. Also Very Quiet, good insulation. Serious Horn. Not a Clown horn like most new cars. when you honk people know you mean business. and again safe!

Best looking sedan on the road -- still!

by Smooth Driver from Columbia, MD | August 11, 2014

From first glance I've always loved the lines of this car; for my taste, its the best looking sedan on the road. A glorified Camry? Perhaps, but for me that's a plus (better looking, more power and luxury, same incredible longevity). Every new rental car I drive reminds me how much nicer my car is back home. I don't crave power, prefer smoothness, so I'm happy with engine and front wheel drive (better for snow anyway). Purchased used at 112K miles; it now has 235K and I expect will go another 100+ -- besides brakes and 2 caliper replacements, only significant repairs have been a check engine light issue (something was clogged), and some computer issue that mis-shifted the transmission (I was worried about the transmission, but it was fine; several hundred dollars to fix, no problem). Yesterday I drove home from Maine, 401 highway miles, got 29.1 mpg. When this car finally gives up the ghost, probably somewhere over 300K miles, I will go get another circa 2000 ES300 with 150K miles or less (probably <$4K by then), and continue my love affair. (I am amused at the 2-star review calling this a boring car for boring people. Guess I'm happy being boring. Its fitting that my Lexus logos are silver, I think the gold logos are trying too hard anyway.)

A dime a dozen.

by A. H. from | May 13, 2013

This car is hands down the most boring and soul sucking vehicle I have ever driven. I will say it is comfortable and quiet, but that is all this four door bore has going for it. All options are base on most comparable Euro sedans. Handling is terrible, be prepared to take corners at ridiculously low speeds and waste absurd amounts of gas flooring it, trying to keep up with the bigger cars out there. Oh, did I mention it goes virtually unnoticed by 90% of all motorists? You better have a lot of patience on the road to even remotely enjoy a drive. Also, don't buy any Lexus if you're one to stand out from the crowd. These things are EVERYWHERE!!! I can't even drive 3 miles without passing/seeing at LEAST TEN. I would only recommend this car to somebody who doesn't care about performance or originality - a boring person.

Great car

by Nick D from | November 18, 2012

Excellent price for a car with such little miles. Have a 2000 ES with 128000 miles and still runs great?

I'VE OWNED 2 LEXUS' RX MODELS. THEY WERE/ARE GREAT

by CON O. SEWER from BRIDGEPORT, CT | October 30, 2011

I DON'T BELIEVE THERE'S ENOUGH PHOTOS OF THIS CAR OR INFORMATION TO GIVE A VALID REVIEW. IF YOU WANT THE TRUST OF THE CONSUMER, THERE SHOULD BE AS MANY INTERIOR & EXTERIOR PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO ALEVIATE ANY SECOND GUESSING ON THE CONSUMERS END.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Elguapo from Arkansas | March 3, 2011

I am the original owner of Lexus ES 300; it is awesome and very reliable. It has only 73,900 miles. I am planning to buy another Lexus buy I am undecided in either keeping it or sell it. The car is in excellent condition. I wonder how much I can get for this car? Any ideas?

Never knew I had it so good....

by I'm a believer from Fairfax, VA | April 13, 2010

...until this evening. I bought my ES used and fell in love w/ it on the test drive. It's now 10 yrs. old and almost 150K mi. on it w/ no issues at all. Tonight my wife and I drove some 2 y/o higher-end non-Lexus models because she's about ready for a new car. Would you believe that at the end of it all we looked at these cars most people only dream about owning and we both said, "I like our Lex better". I am still in awe. With this little Lex of mine, I can literally turn the steering wheel while driving or at a dead stop w/ one finger against the steering wheel spoke and almost no effort. It's got spunk but doesn't suck gas, and I on occasion have to drive 500+ mi. for meetings, see far away family, etc. and every time I get out of the car I feel fairly good. I'm 6', 200+ lbs. and I fit good and am comfortable in there. I still get compliments on the ol' girl and after a bath and a good toweling she still looks good w/ that shiny black paint and chromed wheels. In one of those high-enders we drove tonight I could feel the road in my hands through the steering wheel and through the floorboards in my feet - just running normally. Not in the ol' Lex. In another one the seats were so rigid I almost slid against the door going around a regular curve. Not in the ol' Lex. There's only three knocks I have against this car even if it is - again - a 10 y/o entry-level Lexus: 1) Road noise. I get what I think is a good amount in the cabin. 2) ALL the windows fog up way too quickly when it's humid outside - hot or cold weather; and, 3) as mentioned before, the cup holders. I just drive w/ my hand on the holder to keep the cup from falling out. Too big and the holder gives what ever it is holding a higher center of gravity to go flying. Other than those three things, I 've never looked back nor regretted buying this car. It will be a sad day when the old girl takes her last ride, but on the up-side, this car is so solid it's very possible my grand babies will drive it some day, and my oldest is only 14.

Dont Think Twice

by lexus fan from Fort Lauderdale Fl | January 21, 2010

I am a proud owner of 2 lexus and by far the 2000 es 300 is the best. The most expensive part I had to chage on this car was the breaks at 120.00 I have no issues with this car it currently has 175k miles and someone offered me 5000.00 for this car. I will never sell this car Merceds,audi,Jaguar and acura can compare to this car.

GO BUY NOW!

by Lexus Lover from Grand Rapids, MI | January 12, 2010

I bought a Lexus a year ago with 130k on it. It now has almost 200k on it and it is still going strong. The comfort in this car is amazing. Gas mileage is good too, although you have to fill it with premium gas. This can cost about 40 dollars to fill. This car is the best car I have ever owned. This car will go over 300k with no problem. I will be buy a Lexus any day.

very good car

by older lexus = good buy from Chicago, IL | January 5, 2010

I purchased an ES 300 about 4 months ago, and it has done very well. The comfort cannot be matched. Even in the cold Chicago winter, the car has thus far started right up no problems (knock on wood of course). The negatives, while few, are worth noting. The floaty handling gives a responsive driver a lot of questions, and really implores the driver to trust the car, especially in the snow. The snow handling, however, is as good as any other non four wheel drive car. The other negative is the cup holders. They are a joke, and seemed like an afterthought. While of course not even close to the most important thing in a car, they are just a nuisance. I have started using the rear cup holders instead, as they are easily accessible to the driver. They are a pain, but a minor pain compared to the quality of the car. Overall, I would make this purchase again and again. The car has 105000 miles on it, and seems like it could easily go another 100000. The heat is at full blast quickly and the heated seats are cooking in almost no time.

Featured Services for this Lexus ES 300