2001 Lexus ES 300

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

2001 Lexus ES300

by kp from Phoenix | February 10, 2012

Bought a 2001 Lexus ES300,with only 30M miles its almost brand new. I use to drive an Audi A4, and this is a totally different car. It is comfy and roomy and floats down the road. I love it, however the performance isnt there, brakes are sluggish and the cup holder is not adequate, the seats dont fold down in the back. I sacrificed performance and speed for comfort and lower maintenance, I can live with that.

Best Car I've Owned

by Lexus Lover from | July 15, 2011

I bought my ES300 used from a BMW dealer and was very happy I did.I do a lot of highway driving and found this car to be the best car there is.I have had several cars but none can compare to the Lexus never any major problems just regular maintanance done to it oil change ,brakes etc. After 5 yrs I up graded to a ES350 I Love the Lexus and will continue to drive one and now my daughter drives this model ES300 and I feel comfortable knowing she is in a safe car

Awesome Car

by nancyjd from Murrieta, CA | May 17, 2011

Got this car, used, from a Honda Dealership, as the first car for our 16 yr. old granddaughter. Perfect car for her! Well built and safe...not like some of the other "little" cars out there. Drove like a dream. Unfortunately, she had an accident with it (maybe brake failure) and it was deemed totaled. We've since bought her ANOTHER Lexus, a 2000 RX350 crossover. I drive a 2005 Lexus LS 430. Once you drive a Lexus, you will always want a Lexus!

Equisite Engineering and Manufacturing

by Hawkeye, the Relentless Pursuit from Iowa | November 7, 2009

U can read other well documented attributes. My most unique observation involves being rear-ended by a late model SUV. The accident completely disabled the SUV and left the Lexus with a 'crunch rear end', but driveable. As the only passenger in the ES300, I sustained a slight injury to my left forehead (completely recoverable). My first experience with an ES300 engine was in a 1992 Toyota Camry Stationwagon - standard with the production model. I ran 250k miles and the engine/drivetrain ran flawlessly and was going strong. The interior was starting to show it's age: faded seats mostly. I replaced one part, I think it was the alternator. Excellent car.

Best Car to own

by Fuche' from Rosedale, NY | July 22, 2009

I have owned many cars in the past and when i bought my ES 300 i didn't know any thing about Lexus. 5 yrs later I must say that this is my best car ever. the only thing I have changed on this car is the alternator and the Rev control. Change the oil ever 3000 miles and this car will never fail you. It isn't the fastest car in the world but if you need some power hit the overdrive and you will be flying. When I do buy the GS I will keep my 2001 ES 300. I can't see me giving up my baby. I bought it with 49,000 miles and it currently has 161,000 miles. It rides the same way from day one. It is worth every penny.

The ES 300

by Lexus lover from Savanna,Ga | February 21, 2009

This is the very best car I had ever enioyed having. I love it so much. Were get a new Lexus LS600H L in a few weeks, but we are not getting rid of our ES300. It rides like a dream. Great gas millage. It is not the fastest car in the world but it gets up and goes!:)WHen it is time to get rid of it I will be very sad. But is a time off. I did my friend about this car and he got one too. This is a great car.