2013 Lexus ES 300h

40 city / 39 hwy

Overall

best sedan

by jaybig from Toronto | March 15, 2014

This is my 3rd lexus. It is butter smooth to drive, great mileage, summer 6l/100km, winter 7.6/100 km. utterly reliable, good on highways, great in the city. I would rate this much much higher than my previous BMW 3 series and Mercedes C.

Awesome car

by Larabo from New Jersey | March 11, 2014

I purchased this to replace a 2007 ES that had over 140,000 trouble free miles. Because of the amount of miles I drive each year the salesman suggested the ES300h hybrid. I got a great deal on a 2013 leftover. So far I've put 1300 miles on it in 3 weeks and it is everything I could have hoped for and more - quiet and comfortable, smooth riding and so far 41mpg in mix of city and highway driving. I hope the mpg keeps up. In Sport mode this car is as fun to drive and as responsive as my wife's BMW 3 series and you know the Lexus will be so much more reliable than the BMW. So far am extremely pleased and looking forward to a lot more driving this car.

Buyer Beware

by Frustrated Lexus owner from Deerfield Beach, Fl | December 30, 2013

I traded in my CT200 Hybrid for an ES 300Hybrid. Needed more space. Got 40-42 MPG on the CT, so I know how to drive a hybrid. I have averaged 31/33 MPG through 12,750 miles. Always on Eco and driving like my grandmother to better the mileage, made no difference...i am on the highway and local driving equally for work. After reading all the great reviews, I trusted Lexus and the advertisements. I asked JM Lexus to take this car back as a lemon, but they said "their computer" could not duplicate my findings... I am stuck with this car, since JM is great at selling cars, but "not so great" when there is a problem.

Loving my ES300h!!!

by clarkentcolo from Firestone, CO | December 11, 2013

I love my ES300h, I just traded off my 2013 RX450h and wanted a little better fuel economy. (Don't get me wrong, I knew the sedan would get MUCH better fuel economy and the RX rocked!!) Back to my ES... the car is amazing and it wasn't hard to decide to stick with Lexus comparing it to overpriced rivals at BMW and Mercedes that don't compare in fuel economy. The mileage is way good, I drive on the highway alot and still get about 38 MPG overall. The performance is great (although a little underwhelming.. this is my only complaint). This car turns heads everywhere I go, of course I opted for Matador Red which has always been my favorite Lexus color. I considered a Prius but wanted to commute in style and be more comfortable.

95% Perfect. 5% bad

by Dan from San Diego age 42 from San Diego, CA | November 18, 2013

I just bought 3 days ago and have driven 200 miles. Overall, great car. Here's my background. 42 year old male, 2 kids, 6'3", tall and skinny. Two issues, no real place to put my cell phone. Need more storage. Second, the front drivers seat bottom cushion side support is a little to high. It should be lower and allow for my skinny bottom to rest - but I am slowly getting used to this. Last years model seemed much better. I got the NULUX not because I couldn't afford the leather, but because it is much much softer. Got smoking deal - cheaper than the Avalon I was going to buy. Avalon was a stiffer car. This car really rides smoothly That's all to report.

Great car just dont get the Mark Levinson audio

by markb280 from Bayville, NJ | October 18, 2013

Great car. decided to get the optional Mark Levinson audio system and it is terrible if you turn it up. This was an expensive option and the Lexus dealer has replaced the subwoofer and amp but it still will not work right. Other little quality issues in the leather that I cant believe they let out of the factory but that is what you get for mass production, some get through. Getting 37-43 MPG in mixed driving in the summer. So skip the audio system upgrade if you like music. Lexus will not so anything else about it. Operating as designed is what they tell me.

Disappointing exterior

by ideaboy from CA, Los Angeles | September 21, 2013

I am overall happy with the interior, its comfort in driving, technology. Only thing greatly disappoints me is its exterior. When i see the car in road it does now look like Lexus specially from back. All the lexus previous model has its own signature in exterior look. Specially back light design. Just a glimpse of them from any angle in the road tells that it is a Lexus. With the new 2013 model that signature line is gone. It does not look like lexus anymore. I am not sure why no reviewer mentioned about it.

A DREAM CAR

by terri from pueblo, co | September 16, 2013

I love this car- every safety feature imaginable is on it. How did I ever drive without blind monitor assist, I will never know. As a disabled person, this is a great car for accessibility and features. I feel so unbelievably safe in this car.

reliable car

by family car from new orleans | September 15, 2013

Love this car. Replaced another lexus. comfortable seats. quiet ride. spacious.acceptable pickup.good consumption.

Driver seat

by Russell from New York | September 7, 2013

I know. This is unusual and I love this car except for the driver seat. I have owned only Lexus before but they redesigned the. Seats and I find that with in 10 tp15 mins of driving my right leg begins to hurt. Nomatterhow I set the seat. Others I have. Had drive my car experience the same.