In keeping with Lexus' naming conventions, the numeric portion of the ES name reflects the size of the engine: 350 stands for a 3.5-liter V-6 engine. The ES 350 competes with the Acura TL and Lincoln MKZ.
New for 2010
Rear-seat side-impact airbags, rain-sensing wipers and driver?s-seat memory settings are now standard. Safety Connect, a new telematics system available by subscription, is standard, and the available navigation system adds the Lexus Enform concierge service and Bluetooth phonebook download. The premium sound system adds iPod and USB connectivity, Bluetooth streaming audio and hands-free phone capability.
For 2010, styling tweaks include a revised front end, tail lamps and side moldings. The side mirrors have integrated turn signals.
- Standard moonroof
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels
- Available 10-spoke wheels with "liquid graphite" finish
- Standard dual exhaust tips
- Available panoramic glass roof
- New "shark fin" antenna
With the ES 350's update for 2010, Lexus has added a larger center console bin and new dashboard and interior trim and subtracted the cassette player.
- Push-button start
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 10-way power-adjustable front seats
- Available 14-speaker, 300-watt Mark Levinson audio system
- Available navigation system with backup camera
- Cassette player no longer available
Under the Hood
The ES 350's 3.5-liter V-6 drives the front wheels through an automatic transmission.
- 3.5-liter V-6 making 272 horsepower and 254 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with clutchless-manual mode
An available Adaptive Front Lighting System allows the headlights to swivel when rounding curves.
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Driver and front-passenger knee airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Side-impact airbags for the front and outboard rear seats Lexus Pre-Collision System available