2014 Lexus ES 350

21 city / 31 hwy

Overall

ES350 Cetified

by Vuppula from Foothil Ranch | June 1, 2015

Last night my family went to Lexus of Riverside after making an appointment with John Wall. We drove form Orange County to Riverside. Great Deal, Beautiful car and very happy with John. He did everything he promised to me over the phone and made the process fast and easy. We will be purchasing our next family car from Mr. John Wall.

Unpleasant surprise...

by AnnaNJ from New Jersey | April 23, 2015

My husband and I have been looking forward to having our first luxury car...Decided to lease it and then buy it out to last us for many years.... This car drives like a dream! That is the only good thing about it though. Exterior is so thin, anything make a dent, not a mark. Inside there is no logic where things are located on the dashboard, so it makes it extremely impractical. There is no space where you would put down your phone! There are 2 cup holders, but they are not ergonomically placed. If you need to put down a peace of paper or your sunglasses, there is no room for that either. After a while, it really gets to you, that you get in the car and cannot put down things that are in your hands. BUT there is ample room for a "Lexus computer mouse!" and the dial for sport/economy/regular driving mode. That dial is so big, you would think its the main attraction. Also, communication with the car voice recognition system is so complicated, that you would have to go to specialized school for that. Nothing is simple, the car"talks too much" and when you need help, it talks even more, but does not help. Even changing a radio station is extremely complicated! I know that I sound like someone who never seen a car with luxury features, but I have no problem communicating with my KIA Sorrento, system there is extremely intuitive and pleasure to use, and has all the advanced features I would expect from Lexus! Talking about advanced features, Exterior sensors to not work to my expectations. I ran the sidewalk, waiting for the car to beep to let me know that I am too close to it!!! It always beeped prior to that, but I guess there is a margin for mistake there. I and considering switching sensors off and trusting my own good old feelings. Also, Interior is easily marked and scratched. Needles to say this baby goes back to dealer after end of lease.

2014 Lexus ES350 Estimated Gas Mileage

by Colombo from Lansing, Michigan | February 13, 2015

I purchasea new d 2014 Lexus ES350. One of the reasons for my purchase was the advertised 21/31 or 21/27 MPG. Well, so far, I have put 1005 miles on the car and believe me it has NOT done any better than 20.9 MPG at best as I see on the dash. I have tried all types of octane gases - 87, 89 91. I have had gas from various place including BP's highest octane and I tried running at different speeds from 25 to 90 miles for days. No matter what I did, the 20.9 MPG never got better. By the way, in case you are not aware the 2014 Lexus requires only Regular octane. But I tried the different octanes just to see if the MPG can better. NOT. Do I have to be at mile high, mile low or at sea level to see the 27 or 31 MPG? Why don't manufacturers advertise various region specific MPGs. I think we have the East Coast, The Central region, the Mountain region and the West. I have a 2006 ES330. That car does do 27 MPG. It is quieter, heavier and pleasure to drive.

I WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS CAR!

by LexiDriver from Los Angeles, CA | February 13, 2015

Car is SILKY SMOOTH. Don't know how ANYONE can say it is rough. I had an Audi before and that was stiff. The bad: The FRONT SEAT BOTTOMS are too protrusive - that is the seat bottom side cushions are hard and literally dig into your legs/thighs. This is a BAD DESIGN imho. I got rid of the car actually because of this. I believe the bigger your behind is the worse it will affect you. Mercedes and Honda have excellent seats and dont change them year to year like Lexus/Toyota does. I'm so disappointed in the direction they are going. Just my humble opinion. Thought you should know.

hope it works out

by chevy hater from Syracuse, NY | October 8, 2014

My wife and I got rid of our impala ss nightmare and she picked out the ES350(our first Lexus). Used with 7000 miles, having wind noise on driver door. Transmission shifts up and down @ 30 to 40 mph. Makes you ill. Trunk is bleeding rust from near the camera. Car is at dealership now. They were giving us kind of an attitude for buying from another dealer but I guess they got over it. Hopefully it gets resolved. As for the car in general, I feel it is well built,powerful(like a rocket! As much power as the SS).,decent mileage 34 highway 28 city and terrific features. The car is comfortable to drive and handles well. It came with Bridgestone tires which I will replace with michelin. They are worn out after only 30,000 miles. I think it's a good car,I just have bad luck.

reliable lexus

by realiable from Lancaster pa | August 19, 2014

Classic elegance with feel of reliability from lexus brand. This is my third lexus and would not consider other car manufacturer

Cheap

by Snowman from Buffalo | August 10, 2014

Cheap,cheap and did I say cheap. Drove a new loaner while my 2013 RX was in for nys inspection. Never again. Cheap looking interior,thin uncomfortable seats,no upside compared to a Chevy impala. In fact the Chevy is more impressive with beautiful comfy interior for a few grand less. The ES handling was sloppy and the ride was nothing to write home about. Please Lexus don't cheapen the new RX 350. If you do I won't be back.

The ride

by Bubba from Rogue Island, RI | July 24, 2014

Overall the fit and finish to the car are typical and up to Lexus standards. The car is quiet as well as easy to navigate. Some of the electronics require some study. This is my nineth Lexus. I feel overall my 2008 ES was a better car. My biggest complaint is the overall ride on the 17 inch tires. The ride on the highway is great. The ride on local roads where there may be bumps is quite jarring. I am hoping the dealer can give me some suggestions or tire replacemet. I only hvae 1200 miles on the car and it is already driving me nuts!

Most Reliable and Comfortable car I've Owned

by Lexus Fan from Kansas City, KS | July 23, 2014

After driving the ES350, I found it to be the most comfortable car I have owned. I love the the blind spot monitor, comfort, voice commands, Nav,igation, Smart Access and various controls and other features. Loved the vehicle overall and was a pleasure to drive.

Good reliability

by Value for car from Winfield, IL | July 15, 2014

Nice style, good performance, smooth ride, and good value. Second one we've owned. Would highly recommend for value and ride.