1999 Lexus GS 300

1999 Lexus GS 300

Available in 1 styles:  GS 300 4dr Sedan Base shown

20 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Exellent vehicle to own!! highly recomended

by G-LO from Seattle WA | January 14, 2013

I've own my 1999 Lexus GS 300 for several years and even-though is a Salvage Title. This vehicle has been the best car I've ever owned. I always get compliments from people when driving it and who ever ride with me always has good things say about the comfort of the seat and ride!! I love my car and would not change it for anything else.. unless is a newer Lexus.

My wonderful old Lexus!!

by Ellie R. from central Phoenix, near Northern, on 16th St. | October 17, 2012

I have adored my 1999 Lexus, it has been the BESt car I've ever owned. I have not used it a lot, being an older lady, but have tried to maintain it very well. It only has a few things (minor) wrong with it, at present, such as I need to get the door locks looked at. I just feel I'd like to have a Prius now,as it has better mileage. The mileage on this car has been very good and satisfactory, however! A truly unforgettable car, I bought it with 33,000 miles on it, some years ago!!

Great Used Car

by Tryeasy from Palm Springs | March 25, 2012

I bought a 2000 Lexus GS 300 in 2010. It had 95,000 miles and a clean 1-owner Carfax report. I have purchased new tires, new power memory seat module, and steering/suspension repair. Total of $1,100. This GS rides beautifully and gives my over weight 6'3" frame good legroom and headroom. Probably the best car I have ever owned out of the 60 or so in my lifetime!

Disillusioned with Lexus

by Disillusioned with Lexus from Palm Springs | March 25, 2011

When I bought my first Lexus, I was so excited after reading all those wonderful reviews about how it is the most reliable car around in the market. The car started to shimmy around 60mph even after new tires and alignment. Alas, after a mere two weeks later, the ball joint collapsed coming out of the driveway. Lucky for me, can you imagine if that had happened going at 80 mph on the highway????? After I changed the ball joint, I was told both ABS sensors were shot. Adding insult to injury, a piece of the fender was dragging on the highway, by the time I stopped this 6 foot piece of the fender had fallen off to the ground. Frankly, Lexus, I don't think you deserve to be named the most reliable car.

Can't find a suitable replacement

by John K from Annapolis, MD | September 6, 2009

Bad news for anyone looking to buy a 1999 Lexus GS 300, you can NOT have mine! I have spent over four years looking at possible replacements but knew I wouldn’t be happy with anything else. Also, once you have been to a Lexus dealer for service, all of the others are second class. We bought the car pre-owned, commuted in it 60 miles/day (Washington DC) for 4 years and at 126K miles it still seems new inside and out. Interior materials are first rate especially the wood. Finally bought a 2007 Infiniti M35 to have something newer. Good thing I kept the Lexus. Best Features: R-E-L-I-A-B-L-E!! Quite. Near 30 mpg on hywy. The Lexus ownership experience is great. 10-way power driver and passenger seats. Power tilt/telescope steering wheel. The paint. The wood. Always room for improvements: Since it's too late to expect improvements in a 10 year old car I'll just alert you to two performance issues. The car lurches when you first press on the gas. It is hard to start off smoothly. And on the flip side, the brakes are late to grab, annoying in stop-and-go traffic.

You can't beat a GS

by David K from NC | December 6, 2008

I bought my barely used GS300 in 2006 and now have 81k miles on it. This has been a flawless car except for 1 door lock. I highly recommend this RWD sedan due to it's comfort, reliability, and driving habits. The inline 6 motor is strong and gets good mileage for this heavy and stable car.

Reliable, well built, no hardware problems.

by jp from Johnstown, Pa | January 11, 2007

A very reliable vehicle that has stood the test of time in looks, reliablity and performance. Absolutely no problems with the vehicle, less the partial digital display washout on the radio.

Luxury not so luxury any more...

by Making Sense out of Experience from Baltimore, MD | July 5, 2006

I sold this 99 model in 06 and bought an 06 Toyota Corolla. The Corolla has almost all the features that the 99 GS300 had. The Corolla actually handles better although the overall ride is of course rougher. Putting PREMIUM gas in the Lexus was getting really old. It looked nice on the outside but today's Camry beats it in style and performance. My advice, wait for a loaded, slighty used 07 Camry for the same price and get a car with more features. That is, unless you want the Lexus status symbol in your driveway, which was just a turn-off to me...