2002 Lexus GS 300

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Lexus does it again

by Big Dee from Atlanta, Ga | July 15, 2013

I recently and reluctantly just sold my 1998 Lexus GS 400. I purchased it at 130,000 miles and put approx 80k miles in 7 years and never a problem. So after 7 years, I wanted the same power but something just a little smaller and what did I find the SC 430 and I love it. My only problem is the lack of storage space and I need more headroom. But as a 40 something empty nester, cougar type, :) this is the perfect car for me! So far, no problems mechanically.

close to perfect

by eaze from dallas | September 23, 2011

I have owned a lot of luxury cars 05 merz E320.and 06 lexus es350..i didnt like the ES we let it go and down graded to an 02GS 300 purchased at 89k.i live in dallas-work in houston.it now has a whopping 175k on it two yrs later..besides oil changes..this car is super reliable...and the nakamichi sound system is one of the best systems in the market.3.0litres very merciful on gas despite his luxury stamp.They hold resale like u cannot believe!My buddy has the new gen 07..drove it not impressed..they moved away from the supra straight 6 engine to something more luxury less sports.Overall the best car i have owned in yrs.I drive mine daily and it never fails to impress me.

FABULOUS CAR ALL AROUND

by GS300 from Virginia | April 28, 2011

I have owned 3 2nd-gen GSs (98, 2000, 2002) and these are some of the best designed cars on the road. Everything about it is of the highest quality and engineering. Reliability on all 3 I've had has been nothing short of outstanding. 4 stars for performance-GS430 gets 5. 4 stars for comfort, the new GS gets 5. I have considered trading in and upgrading to the 3rd-gen GS (06+) but everything I read about it is keeping me from doing so. This one's staying in my garage and I'll be adding an SC430 to my collection. Great drive, great buy, great car!

Great Car for the Value

by Jackaroo from Alexandria, VA | November 12, 2009

I bought this car used in January 04. It had 24K at the time. It now has 138K and runs great. I had some catalytic converter issues at 85K which cost $1800 to repair. The engine is adequate. The transmission is odd as it appears to slip at times but it's been that way since I purchased the car. The exterior is still appealing. I prefer the old model over the new one that came out in 2007. You can't go wrong with this car.

Lexus GS300

by LA Salsa from Los Angeles | August 3, 2009

The car was great when new. As it aged it started rattling and squeaking both inside and engine compartment. Lexus is aware of the problem because they sell a anti-squeaking kit. BAD design. Even with premium gas the car pings. The car as another problem. They self door locks fail and the 3rd EGG sensor fails. A common, so be prepared for more expenses as the car ages.

Most Wonderful Car I've Owned

by Fabulous Performance and Comfort from Portland, OR | February 15, 2009

This is the most wonderful car - better than the Mercedes, Toyota, Volvo, Chevy, Subaru and VW I've owned. The quiet and suspension are just amazing...this is a comfortable quality personified. It is meant for those who like elegance and reliablity. The only bad comment I have is that the trunk squeeks sometimes...

Sweet Looking Ride

by EASY from Tucson | August 16, 2006

SWWEEETTTT RIDE with nice sleek look for the young and not so young. Got everything but a kitchen sink

Featured Services for this Lexus GS 300