The Lexus GS 350 is a rear-wheel-drive sports sedan with a powerful V-6 engine and available all-wheel drive. To get a V-8 with the GS, look at the more expensive GS 460. The GS 350 competes with midsize sport sedans like the BMW 535i, Mercedes-Benz E350, Cadillac STS V-6 and Acura RL. A hybrid GS 450h uses a gas-electric V-6 powertrain, and along with the GS 460, only comes with rear-wheel drive; they're covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2009
The GS 350 receives no significant changes for 2009.
Lexus says the sedan has a futuristic look. The GS 350 has a long hood, a very short rear deck and wide, tapered C-pillars that flow back to the car's rear. Long side glass and a steep back window enhance the car's performance image.
- 190 inches long
- 71.7 inches wide
- 112.2-inch wheelbase
- 17-inch wheels
- 18-inch wheels are optional
- Available moonroof and power rear sunshade
Five occupants fit inside the GS 350. An optional navigation system comes with Bluetooth, voice activation and a rearview camera. A 7-inch dashboard screen works with the navigation system and also serves as a monitor for the Intuitive Park Assist system.
- Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Aluminum-face gauge cluster
- 10-way power front seats with heated leather upholstery; available fan ventilation
- Push-button start
- Dual climate control
- 10-speaker, six-CD stereo
- 12.7 cubic feet of trunk space
- Available Mark Levinson surround-sound system with 14 speakers
Under the Hood
All-wheel drive is available for the GS 350. Hydraulic controls in the system vary the front/rear torque split from 30/70 to 50/50 and provide what Lexus calls the performance advantages of rear-wheel drive with the traction of all-wheel drive.
- 3.5-liter V-6 engine making 303 horsepower and 274 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
An option group includes adaptive laser cruise control and the Pre-Collision System that helps determine if a crash is imminent and takes appropriate steps if it is. Other options include park assist and adaptive headlights that swivel with the front wheels.
Safety features include:
- Standard driver and front-passenger knee airbags
- Standard front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Standard side curtain airbags for both rows
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system
- Optional Pre-Collision System incorporates active braking
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Lexus GS 350.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range