The Lexus GS 350 is a rear-wheel-drive sports sedan with a powerful V-6 engine and available all-wheel drive. To get a V-8 with the GS, look at the more expensive GS 460. The GS 350 competes with midsize sport sedans like the BMW 535i, Mercedes-Benz E350, Cadillac STS V-6 and Acura RL. A hybrid GS 450h uses a gas-electric V-6 powertrain, and along with the GS 460, only comes with rear-wheel drive; they're covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2009
The GS 350 receives no significant changes for 2009.
Lexus says the sedan has a futuristic look. The GS 350 has a long hood, a very short rear deck and wide, tapered C-pillars that flow back to the car's rear. Long side glass and a steep back window enhance the car's performance image.
- 190 inches long
- 71.7 inches wide
- 112.2-inch wheelbase
- 17-inch wheels
- 18-inch wheels are optional
- Available moonroof and power rear sunshade
Five occupants fit inside the GS 350. An optional navigation system comes with Bluetooth, voice activation and a rearview camera. A 7-inch dashboard screen works with the navigation system and also serves as a monitor for the Intuitive Park Assist system.
- Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Aluminum-face gauge cluster
- 10-way power front seats with heated leather upholstery; available fan ventilation
- Push-button start
- Dual climate control
- 10-speaker, six-CD stereo
- 12.7 cubic feet of trunk space
- Available Mark Levinson surround-sound system with 14 speakers
Under the Hood
All-wheel drive is available for the GS 350. Hydraulic controls in the system vary the front/rear torque split from 30/70 to 50/50 and provide what Lexus calls the performance advantages of rear-wheel drive with the traction of all-wheel drive.
- 3.5-liter V-6 engine making 303 horsepower and 274 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
An option group includes adaptive laser cruise control and the Pre-Collision System that helps determine if a crash is imminent and takes appropriate steps if it is. Other options include park assist and adaptive headlights that swivel with the front wheels.
Safety features include:
- Standard driver and front-passenger knee airbags
- Standard front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Standard side curtain airbags for both rows
- Standard four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system
- Optional Pre-Collision System incorporates active braking
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||October 17, 2008|
|Courtney Messenbaugh||Mother Proof||October 13, 2009|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Lexus GS 350
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.