2013 Lexus GS 350

19 city / 26–28 hwy

Overall

I Love this Car!!!!!!

by Smrt5033 from Philadelphia | August 16, 2014

The car is fun to drive....excellent ride and performed well on the highway and in the city. The interior is extremely nice, and comfortable.

Pleasure

by Enthusiast from California | August 4, 2014

Class, comfort, performance, sound system, design, materials, technology-just a few of the reasons to treat yourself to this automobile. Lexus has done good with this model. What a treat to drive!

Impressed Owner!

by Mark - enthusiast driver from Salem, OR | July 22, 2014

I was sold on Audi A6 after test driving BMW 5, Mercedes E, Audi A6, Caddy CTS-V, Acura TL and hadn't driven Lexus at that point. Reviews were strong enough for the GS I thought I'd at least better take a test drive to rule it out. Non-Sporty, just reliable was my expectation coming in. Sport Mode on the test drive, and I was wowed! The monster 12.3" screen is amazing. Love the look of the front end - online pics don't do it justice. Gotta see it in person. Attention to detail, comfort, leather and wood trim, seats, visibility are all first class Lexus. Handling, acceleration, light feel powerful and quick (decidedly non-Lexus attributes other than LFA and new IS) this is a GS you've got to drive to fully appreciate. Interior, exterior, performance, comfort, good fuel efficiency, and Lexus reliability ... I am extremely happy with my decision. Not to mention Lexus San Diego was absolutely red carpet and impressive all the way! Highly recommend them! If you've thought about Lexus as I did (comfortable, reliable, but not sporty) do yourself a favor and test drive a new GS to see for yourself how different this car is from past Lexus cars, and it appears to be a new direction for the entire line up.

New owner that will be loyal 4 life

by Christy from Richmond Hill, GA | June 5, 2014

I want to respond to Steve's text posted a few months back about the radio taking to long to navigate. Well he just didn't know how to use it. The same control options are on the steering wheel. I love, love my Lexus GS350. I sold my 2004 Corvette to buy this car. Hated choosing, but Lexus wins-HANDS DOWN!! Think the price should be closer to $50K instead of $65K. Maintenance is over priced too!! So I'm hoping eventually maintenance and parts come down to a reasonable rate.

F Sport, Love at first sight

by ChrisMo from Chesapeake, VA | March 8, 2014

When the redesigned 13 GS came out I knew I wanted one. Had previously owned an 02 GS Sport Design package which I regretted trading in soon after doing so. Felt the next generation was a bit bland. Living in the mid Atlantic, many of the dealers were laden with AWD versions and I was set on RWD only, so I found my Starfire/Cabernet GS F Sport in South Carolina. After 11k miles and 9 months of ownership, here's my assessment. This car is one of the best kept secrets in the mid size sport sedan market. It handles well, almost light on its feet. I find the interior with the aluminum trim, LED lighting and clean dash with large screen clean and modern. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and the Cabernet red interior... gorgeous. Car gets a lot of looks and its not dime a dozen like BMWs. I do have a couple gripes. Compared to my 02, it doesn't seem as solid or well put together. Ive noticed wind noise around the drivers mirror, and a couple rattles. Also it's missing some luxury car features of the previous gen, such as power folding mirrors and power trunk. These are apparently available in the 14's. Also, while quick enough, it really needs a V8. If they come out with a F with a V8 version, time to trade up.

awesome sports sedan

by Rick from Florida | February 7, 2014

Love this car. great styling, fit and finish is very good. Paint is deep, the silver color (liquid platinum) looks like a jewel when polished. Engine is an animal, 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, gas mileage is better than expected for the performance. I average 24.5 in mixed driving. Dealership experience is excellent. Interior quality is very good, Nav screen is large and easy to use. Heated and cooled seats, park assist and camera all work flawlessly. Would recommend this car ! \

2013 Review

by IK71 from Brooklyn, NY | September 20, 2013

Among new cars that I have owned were Saabs 9-5, Lexus E350, 2011GS, 2009 BMW528, 2012 BMW535. I must say that despite good looks and power, I am extremely disappointed with the new GS. Here is why. Do not get me wrong. It is a nice car that looks great, is quick, and has very advanced technology. Yet it is hollow inside out. Yes, I am probably biased in favor of BMW. Yet, having driven both cars there is no comparison. Lets start with seat comfort. The seats in the GS look extremely comfortable. That is why I went for the 2011 GS. And if one has a rather small body frame, those seats will be ok. However, again compared with the BMW and Mercedes, I may say as I have driven one on long drives, both seat backs and cushions are just too short. And the cushion lacks side bolstering. I am 5 9, and the seat back is just too short. It does not reach up to my shoulders. And the head rest cannot be extended high enough so I could take the full advantage of the butterfly wings of the head rest. Because the seat cushion does not have a sufficient angle of travel upward, the cushion extender is useless as it stays below the thighs anyway. In terms of the seat comfort, I can remain in that seat problem free less than an hour. After, I start getting numb in various parts of my body, and that is not an exaggeration. The seats I think were meant for an average Japanese size-wise. Now to the way the car drives. I have an all-wheel drive version. Don't be fooled by that description. It is a type of an all-wheel drive where all wheels are simply connected to the transmission. I suppose it is better than not having it at all; however, other cars with all wheel drive systems have individual wheel sensors that control individual wheel rotations in slippery conditions. I have seen many times when a GS just could not handle a very low uphill in snowy conditions with or without the deactivation of the anti-slip control system, yet when the BMW had not problem whatsoever managing the same uphill. Now because I know there the Lexus does not have the same individual wheel control, naturally I am afraid to go into the same tight corners as I do in the BMW. The 2013 sounds nosier too. The dealer said there is a special valve that makes it sound like a V8. Well, I have not driven a V8, and to me it is just a cheap gizmo that simply tarnishes the mark. In general, when driven, the car does not have a feeling it is made of one piece, but rather it feels that it is made of many loosely connected parts. There is no solid feel to it. The previous model felt more solid. It is interesting that the car that at least nominally costs $60,000 does not have power folding mirrors. You really have to slam, and I mean slam it to close the trunk lid. The dashboard layout is beautiful. Your emails are even read to you in a pleasant voice if you choose to hear it. The regular stereo is just okay, not that great. The inside materials are top-notch. The fuel economy is a little better than the previous model, but, as with all cars, it does not even come remotely close to the rating they promise you in the left rear window. A 6 speed transmission these days on a car like this is outdated. The trunk is bigger and very useful.

Named it "Baby" for "Ohhhh Baby!"

by Named it "Baby" for "Ohhhh Baby!" from Orange County, CA | June 22, 2013

Love, love, love this car! Okay, boring, a little on the outside...but fabulous power and technology! This is what I wanted, EXTREME Aggression disguised! Refined and conservative with an insane dark, aggressive side! Just what I like!!

Love it drives great I am going to get the LS too

by Ex BMW 7 series owner. from GA | March 26, 2013

I recently traded in my 2007 BMW 750i after years of constant trouble and trips to the BMW dealership so I thought of trying out this vehicle after driving my friends 2012 LS460. The LS is nicer of course for the money but this GS feels great almost like a smaller LS it has the same features and driving is similar. I love the interior it is very comfortable and has bmw style seats. The GPS is awesome, very accurate. The car drives beautifully on the highway and the ECO, Sport, and Sport + modes come in handy when you want to choose how your going to drive. I use Sport + mostly and still get and average of 23-25 mpg. ECO mode is good when trying to save gas. This is overall a great car and really surprises me it lives up to my 7 series. Here are some down sides that I would like to have back though. 1. automatic trunk 2. soft close doors 3. power rear-side sunshades I will be getting the 2013 LS460 in the next week and will be giving the GS to my son.

Lexus GS 350 F Sport

by RAY M from Delran, New Jersey | March 26, 2013

I recently purchased a Lexus GS350 F Sport from Lexus of Atlantic City. Helen Bitzberger was my agent. Her team walked me through this car by the inch. It was really a great experience and the car is amazing.! Thank you Atlantic City Lexus for being a "step above the rest". This was not an easy car to obtain and you went out of your way to find it. You guys are the best!