2006 Lexus GS 430

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Amazing vehicle

by Admitted Honda/Acura Guy from OK | December 20, 2013

Bought a 2006 GS 430 with 97,000 miles on it for under $15,000. This car is amazing! I've owned/own Honda, Nissan and Acura and this car beats them all hands down based on fit/finish, luxury, performance and ride. I cannot believe this car has almost 100,000 miles. It drives as if brand new. The ride is almost silent. The engine is unbelievably powerful and the transmission shifts so smoothly you almost cannot detect it. My stepfather has always been a Toyota fanatic, and now I know why. I'm hooked. I hope to put another 100,000 on this jewel. If you can get a nice used one, go for it. I would never pay $60,000 for a car, but paying less than $15,000 for this one, I got an absolute steal!!!

Love this car

by new lexus owner from South OC | January 11, 2013

I just bought a 2006 GS 430. This car is awesome. I had a 2003 Infiniti before but this car is so nice inside with all the details, it is amazing. I love the look and feel of the car. Rides very smooth and very resposive with the V-8. Only thing I notice negatively, is it does not seem to get the best gas mileage but I would highly recommend the car.

good car to buy

by mark from new york,ny | November 15, 2012

i owned a 2006 GS 430 for 4 years never had a major problem, soft and smoth on street, with great features such as Navigation sys, Bluetooth and much more. i recommend this car with the giving information.

Sad Trend

by Head in the Clouds from Ga | February 3, 2011

600 page owners manual. Nobody thought to add extra lighting in a black interior. 2nd rate sterio. Low profile tire perfectly positiones the wheels to scrape the curbs at $600 per mistake. Doesn't anyone else want manual choice windshiels wipers? Why do we need an electronic motor to close the trunk that final inch? I have owned five Lexus's but view this incarnation not as a "drivers car". It is more like an IT nerd's concoction of a Command Center on four wheels. Ugh!

Excellent features

by OC-GS430 from Orange County, CA | June 9, 2009

Everything's excellent, except the DVD player do not play MP3s. It is updated on the newer models. Strong V8, no mechanical problem, very reliable power train.. Just takes little too much gas, if you have a heavy foot.

This car will turn heads

by LexusLover from Atlanta, Georgia | January 29, 2009

I've owned a 2006 GS 430 for about a year and half now, and I can safely say that it's the nicest car I've ever driven, and that includes Benz, BMW, and Porsche. My car came loaded, with the Pre-Collision System (PCS), Mark Levinson audio, Navigation, etc. If you've never driven a Lexus with the PCS, you need to. The car automatically adjusts to the speed of the traffic around you, which makes this the easiest car to take on a road trip EVER. The driving experience is smooth and refined, but doesn't lack in excitement when you give the car some gas. The cabin is refined and quiet, and the climate controlled front seats are supportive and give a great ride. The V8 is responsive, but doesn't drain gas too badly. I get about 21 mpg city, 27 highway. Premium fuel is required, which gets pricey sometimes. The exterior isn't an edgy design, but it is very attractive. In red, the car turns heads everywhere I go, and I get far too many looks from pretty women for a guy as ugly as I am. In short, this car is fast, smooth, and refined. I've had a couple issues that were covered under warranty, but I didn't expect to have any on a Lexus. Other than that, and a smallish trunk, this car is, to steal a phrase, the ultimate driving machine.

Perfect Combination

by Carguy from Wiscosin | November 4, 2008

I had an Acura RL that was very comfortable and a great value but the GS is a huge step up as the level of quality and refinement is no comparison. The V8 is so sweet, the slight exhaust rumble is just perfect and the styling turns heads where ever I go. This is the perfect combination of sport and luxury with an unbeleivable level of technology that is seamless to the driver.

Great overall Sedan - Nice balance

by Normally a Coupe driver from OC, CA | August 3, 2008

For the price you get a lot with this vehicle. Good performance and features. Great handling, ride and value.

Perfect Luxury Sport Vehicle

by Vegas GS430 Lover from Vegas | January 27, 2008

The 2006 Lexus GS430 is the perfect combination of power, refinement, style, and performance in the market today. After driving the BMW 545 I was very impressed with its performance but the car simply lacked luxury period. The Lexus GS430 performs almost at the the level of the 545 along with superior interior esthetics and comfort.

Umm not what I expected

by Sportman 225 from Atlanta | December 1, 2007

I own this Lexus for one year now and Wasnt what I wanted. the ride is smooth but yet the handling and acceleration isnt there for a V8. It has a numb feeling when you drive it like coming for the dentist. I owned a bmw 530i and Lexus is no where near Bmw performance and Handling. I dont feel to safe on it because it feels like the car is in charge rather than the driver. Now I am looking at mercedes E550 and probly give this one to the wife.

Featured Services for this Lexus GS 430