2011 Lexus GX 460

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great SUV

by SUV Lover from Jupiter, FL | August 15, 2011

This is an awesome vehicle, it does everything and does it well. Acceleration from a stop is great, especially for a 5300 lb vehicle. Passing acceleration feels a bit sluggish, but seems to be the electronic throttle programming rather than the engine itself. There's a bit of a flat spot in the gas pedal that goes from 'not too much acceleration' to 'takes off like a bat out of he..'. Could be fixed with a reprogram on the computer I would imagine, but I use the auto-shift which works great when you need the extra punch for passing or the on-ramp but don't want to launch it up to 90 mph instantly. Fuel economy is very good for SUV this size with a V8 - I'm getting 21-22 mpg on the highway at 70 mph, 18 at 80 mph. Did I mention that you can't even tell you're doing 80! Feels like about 60 mph, it's so quiet and smooth. The interior is just awesome. Designed very well, with good material selection, excellent placement to the driver, A/C system works spectacular. Airflow to the backseat really works, the whole vehicle cools off in seconds, which is a very nice feature for South florida. And, its also a world class off-road vehicle with full-time 4 wheel drive, with low range gearing, and pretty decent towing capacity. What more could you ask for! This vehicle is worth every penny. Every time a look at, every time I drive it, I'm thinking... this is an awesome vehicle. I'm so glad I got it.

Nice Ride

by topcat from Tenenssee | July 30, 2011

This is my first Lexus and I do like the car. I travel for a living, so a comfortable, dependable car was important My only problem with the car is the back door. I carry a lot of boxes and for the price you would think that the back door would open automatically.

LOVE IT 460 PREMIUM

by SUV LOVER from Georgia | March 8, 2011

GREAT SUV, Lots of fun to drive! The responsiveness,performance and handling are great for a vehicle this size. My only dislikes are the back up camera and the swing out door. Otherwise an awesome SUV.

Okay

by LB$40000 from Rehoboth MA | February 27, 2011

This was my 2nd GX (I had a 2004). My family has had 10 toyota's and Lexus'.I had a 2010 Lexus GX460 Premium. It had a beautiful sepia interior. It was a nice truck. I didn't like the swing out trunk and the silver trim along the dash. Toyota and lexus are very reliable cars, but we had a lot of service issues (It wasn't Herb Chambers Lexus' fault)We got it in may 2010. Last night, we traded it in for a 2011 BMW X5 35iXDrive I've gotta say that Bmwer is such a beautiful truck (way better than that GX.)

A luxury and smooth riding SUV

by Found new love from Johnstown PA | February 16, 2011

Have only had the car approximately 6 weeks. Great vehicle, love the back up assist with the camera. Still learning the technology but have plenty of time for that. Great heated seats! I didnt think I would enjoy a SUV this much

BEST SUV I EVER OWNED

by jeffy from new york | January 17, 2011

last year (2010) i could't decide between the Land rover Lr4 and lexus 460 gx ,so when lexus couldn't deliver the car on time i bought the lr4. I loved the Lr4 engine but didn't know i need my own personal gas station i do mostly city driving so i never averaged more then 11mpg and was closer to 10 most of the time. the finish in the car is good in the from but second and 3rd row was nor good and had a lot of little problems with the car. after a horrible year with the lR4 got rid of it and got the lexus cant BE MORE HAPPY. just a pleasure to drive feels like you are driving a luxury car the finish is impeccable is very quite was going 80mph feels like 50mph . Doesn't have the power of the LR$ but i had more then enough to pass going 70mph and very quite and refined . lust a pleasure to drive and avg 15 mpg doesn't sound like a lot but going from 10 mpg is a big improvement.

I think this car is the best ever.

by Lexus Lover from Texas | October 21, 2010

The SUV has a smooth ride. I fill like I am in charge. I love being up. It does not feel like I am in a SUV. Lexus did an amazing job with this SUV. I thought I would drive it for a week or so then give it to my husband. I will not let anyone have my car. This SUV ROCK! It has enough leg space for my step-son and he thinks it is a cool car. That is coming from a 15 year old. I picked up his friends from football practice and they thought my SUV was so cool.

lexus gx460

by carslover from aswan,egypt | September 8, 2010

lexus gx 460 engine : 4.6 l 301 hp . this car is so great and has great off road capacity and good acceleration . lexus competes with land rover lr4 and mercedes benz gl . lexus gx 460 is amid size suv but it is big. it has one problem the price . and yes i would recommend this product to afriend