The GX 460 is Lexus' midsize truck-based SUV. The luxury vehicle features a V-8 engine, and it competes against models like the Land Rover LR4 and Mercedes-Benz M-Class.
New for 2011
The GX 460 gets a brake override system and a few minor interior trim changes.
The GX 460 has a tall stance. The GX has smooth body sides accented by large front and rear fender flares, and its face has an uncanny resemblance to Subaru's Outback wagon, thanks to similar headlights. Exterior features include:
- 18-inch wheels standard
- Rear window can be opened independently of the gate
Seven-passenger seating in three rows is standard. The second-row bench seat can slide forward and backward for optimal legroom, and the seat's backrest also reclines. When more cargo room is needed, the standard power-folding third row folds flat with the floor. There are a few minor interior trim changes for 2011.
The cabin features a symmetrical dashboard design with a large center control panel finished in silver-colored trim. Interior features include:
- Standard leather seat trim
- Standard heated and ventilated power front seats
- Standard moonroof
- Optional navigation system
- Optional Mark Levinson audio system
- Optional backseat entertainment system
Under the Hood
The GX's 4.6-liter V-8 makes 301 horsepower and 329 pounds-feet of torque and teams with a six-speed automatic transmission. The full-time four-wheel-drive system incorporates a low range that's designed for off-road excursions.
The SUV gets an EPA-estimated 15/20 mpg city/highway. Maximum towing capacity is listed at 6,500 pounds.
Ten airbags are standard, including frontal airbags, side-impact airbags for the front and outboard second-row seats, front knee airbags and side curtain airbags for the first two rows of seats.
Other safety features include:
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system and active front head restraints
- Optional Advanced Pre-Collision System, which can tighten the front seat belts and ready the brakes for stronger stopping performance