The seven-seat GX 460 is Lexus' midsize truck-based SUV. The luxury vehicle features a V-8 engine, and it competes against models like the Land Rover LR4 and Mercedes-Benz M-Class.
New for 2012
Minor changes include new bodyside molding for the base model, storage bin and cupholder lighting and a temperature readout incorporated into the multi-information display.
The GX 460 has a tall stance, and its body sides are accented by large front and rear fender flares. Its face has an uncanny resemblance to Subaru's Outback wagon, thanks to similar headlights. Exterior features include:
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Rear window can be opened independently of the gate
Seven-person seating in three rows is standard. The second-row bench seat can slide forward and backward for optimal legroom, and the seat's backrest also reclines. When more cargo room is needed, the standard power-folding third row folds flat with the floor.
The cabin features a symmetrical dashboard design with a large center control panel finished in silver-colored trim. Interior features include:
- Standard leather seat trim
- Standard heated and ventilated power front seats
- Standard moonroof
- Optional navigation system
- Optional Mark Levinson stereo
- Optional backseat entertainment system
Under the Hood
The GX's 4.6-liter V-8 makes 301 horsepower and 329 pounds-feet of torque and teams with a six-speed automatic transmission. The full-time four-wheel-drive system incorporates a low range that's designed for off-road excursions. Mechanical features include:
- Available adaptive suspension
- Maximum towing capacity of 6,500 pounds when properly equipped
Ten airbags are standard, including frontal airbags, side-impact airbags for the front and outboard second-row seats, front knee airbags and side curtain airbags for all three rows of seats. Other safety features include:
- Standard antilock brakes
- Standard electronic stability system
- Standard active front head restraints
- Optional Pre-Collision System, which can tighten the front seat belts and ready the brakes for stronger stopping performance