2013 Lexus GX 460

See Photos & Videos

Overall

One Of The Best Suv's Ever Made

by Loanshark from East Longmeadow Ma | November 2, 2013

I bought a 2013 Lexus Gx 460 brand new, and I also have a 2004 Lexus Gx 470 That now has 185,000 miles on it (and still drives better than a lot of brand new automobiles I have driven in), These suv's, are very reliable, I have had very few issues with my 2004 (and hope for the same with my 2013) I do think that there could be a few improvements in this suv (I would like to see a little more Hp (or a option to get a larger motor and or some more hp out of the 4.6) But the power is ample, Also I do think that my 2004 seemed to take the bumps a little better than my new 2013 does (I do not know why) but I think there should be some improvement there too) Still it is a overall very smooth ride (for a suv this size), The new interior is one of the best I have ever been in, and the comfort is A1 (and I weigh app 290 lbs) and it is not common to find other suv's with a interior and comfort level any way near this one (much better than my 2004) The sound system is great, and the upgrade head lights are a must, (so much better than my 04) the lights are crystal clear, and even shine and light up the side walk on both the right and left side as you drive (worth the extra money as a upgrade) There are bigger suv's on the road, and a lot faster ones too, but as a total package, i fell the lexus gx is one of the best suv's ever made (maybe even the best) They do coast more then many others you can buy, but last 3 times as long, and once you own one you will never want to buy anything else, I have read many mixed reviews on this suv, and if the biggest problem with this suv is that the tires are not real off road tires then spend another (800.00) for the proper tires, and you will still be saving over $8000.00 from simular suv's in the class of this one (and my tires are fine on mine "top of the line Michlums", and as I am on the street a lot more than I am ever off road anaway (I would not want any other tires) The tires on my 2013 are perfect for street or off road, and you would be hard pressed to find a better or more reliable suv than this one anywhere!!!

Perfect

by GX girl from Portland,Oregon | May 22, 2013

Love the GX!drove a x5, q7'and went with the GX...like a hot knife through butter. Quiet and solid. Comfortable. A little lacking on acceleration, but gets us where we want tobe in class and style!

Unsafe tires

by vegas from las vegas, nv | November 5, 2012

I purchased this vehicle a month ago and traded in a 2006 GX. This new off road suv does not come equipped with off road tires. The tires that came on it are not meant for off road use and are not safe to drive on primitive roads. It is a shame that Lexus does not seem to care about the safety of its customers. If you buy one and plan to go off road, make sure it is properly equipped with good off road tires.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)