2014 Lexus GX 460

15 city / 20 hwy

Overall

Perfect SUV for me

by David with a Lsxus and a Jaguar from Hurst, Texas | June 3, 2015

I traded up from a 2011 RX 350 to the GX 460, that had 12,000 miles on it.. I have to admit I love the 460. It drives very nicely, the fit and finish are exceptional. The mpg isn't all that good, but with full time 4X4 and the weight, what do you expect?. The GX is so much better than the RX, overall. Having owned a number of Toyotas, I expect the reliability will be as exceptional as it's lesser priced cousins. The RX was very reliable. The performance is good, but not exceptional...but then maybe that's because my other vehicle is Jaguar XK convertible. I have the luxury model with Mark Levinson upgrade audio system. I find it wonderful...and have not experienced any of the problems mentioned in another review. If you have the need for a luxury SUV with very good off road capabilities, I highly recommend the GX 460

Forced to buy it but, don't regret it.

by Mike from Jamestown, Ky | May 26, 2015

I have to admit that I do like this SUV. I am not one for flashy objects so, I think that it is a little over the top for me though. I really wanted a Toyota 4runner but I needed a V8 in order to tow our boat. Unfortunately, the 4runner offers a V6 only and since I wanted a mid-sized Toyota SUV, this is what I had to buy. In that regard, I am disappointed with Toyota for forcing me to buy a Lexus. As far as the SUV, it is very nice. I got the base model because, for me, that came with well more than I need or will ever use. It rides nice and pulls a 6000 pound boat pretty well. Gas mileage isn't all that but, it is a SUV after all. I hate that it requires premium fuel because it isn't a sports car, it is a dressed up 4runner. I will say that the front seats are the most comfortable drivers seats that I have ever sat in. I am very impressed there. It isn't uncommon for people to look at it as I drive by. I'm not sure if it is because they are impressed or if they think it is ostentatious. Either way, my kids like waving at them from the back seat as we drive by.

Uses car for Towing

HORRIBLE UPGRADED SPEAKER SYSTEM

by Amanda from Peoria, IL | January 18, 2015

I bought the fully loaded version of this car, and I'm unhappy every time I step foot into it. It has the upgraded Mark Levinson speaker system and rear entertainment system....in which, both have become my worst enemies. If I have the FM radio on and have the surround sound activated, it will cut the songs up and the speakers will have volume surges, NOT with the beat of the music. My favorite radio station is on FM radio, so having to turn OFF the surround sound and listen to the radio in a lower quality sound (in a car that should be wiping my butt with how much I paid for it). They chalk it up to the fact that I have the rear entertainment system in the car........???? They have pretty told me I have to live with it. Oh, and Lexus corporate has been HORRIBLE to deal with...along with a not-so-stellar dealership (they have their pros and cons).¿

As Expected

by Satisfied from Eastern NC | October 8, 2014

As a long-time Lexus owner (the immediate previous car was an '08 GX470), I pretty much knew what to expect and was not disappointed in any fashion. Luxury/high tech/solid/high-performing/comfortable, all in a utilitarian vehicle. Kudos to the design and execution team at Lexus!

Great Car

by CMac from Florida | June 24, 2014

Bought this to replace a Highlander Hybred for my wife. It has a great ride, solid, great accesories. Only grip is mpg, but we knew that going in. Some features on our 2013 ES300H are not on this model, like intelligent turn signals. This will be a great long term vehicle.

Fantastic daily driver

by Funindubai from Houston | May 27, 2014

We recently moved to the US from Dubai. My wife drove a Porsche Cayenne GTS in Dubai beautiful car but not comfortable for everyday usage. Before the Porsche she owned a Toyota Prado top of the range. Car had every accessory and she loved it. As we moved into the US she was in no doubt that she wanted a Lexus. She absolutely loves the car all the luxury incl ac seats, DVD, easy to use navigation and beautiful ride. The service centre at Lexus is superior to Porsche. We love Lexus

Rock solid, great value

by Rich G. from Raleigh, NC | May 19, 2014

After owning a 4Runner for a decade, we were at a point in life we could afford to "upgrade" our ride. We have things to tow, beaches to drive on, kids (and friends) to haul around. Let's be honest, a Lexus is a glorified Toyota (really glorified). After 2 months comparing the Pilot, Highlander, Q7, and Explorer, we settled on the GX. The recent price reduction of the new MSRP of the middle of the road model put it about 2-3k more than a 1 year old, about 4%. Not a bad premium for picking out everything. Ride is perfect. Luxury is great. It does EVERYTHING we want. It is a bit pricey, 10-15k more than the Highlander and Explorer, but once your drive it, you see why. The ONLY con I know of is the lack of 2nd row power. There is a 110v in the rear for tailgating, but nothing for the 2nd row. We ran a 6' power cord for sharing on a recent trip, but that looks cheesy. Everything else is as you would expect. I could write all the pro's, but the idea is read the cons and see if you can live with them. Again, if you can stomach the 20mpg and 50-60k price, it does everything. As someone else wrote, it is a Toyota, you put gas in and change the oil, it will run forever.

Great SUV!

by New GX owner from Syracuse, NY | April 9, 2014

This is a great SUV, it's not a car and it shouldn't handle like one. This is a vehicle that can handle snow and rough terrain, it has enough power, the ride is very quiet and smooth on the road. I'm 6'4" and I have plenty of room, the front seats are extremely comfortable.

Best Vehicle I have bought!

by basketball girl from | April 5, 2014

Best vehicle I have ever purchased! Best experience at the dealership! Highly recommended to all who are interested.

2014 GX 460

by Pale Rider from Texas | January 15, 2014

Replaced my 2004 GX470 with 110k miles. Same quality ride and fit and finish. Less wood and a more in your face dash, but modern and stylish. Simply the best SUV out there. This is a premium with all the extras. No Luther SUV came close. The Lexus is more than a vehicle, it is an experience. They treats you the way your want to treat others.