2003 Volvo V40

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Solid Vehicle

by Car Buyer from | March 12, 2012

Overall I would recommend this vehicle to most buyers if you're in the market for a Luxury SUV... Not much to complain about except that it's not the greatest on Gas though I was already aware of that. All else rates good or great!!!

Beautiful car/Great buy

by blackjack from Wichita Kansas | November 22, 2011

I bought this car with 2 full warranty's, one being a lifetime on the engine and drivetrain. I've test driven X-5, and GL and there's absolutely no comparison. The Gx470 with air ride suspension is the most reliable and definitely the more comfortable car. This car had 83,000 miles when I purchased it, basically not even broke in yet. I purchased it from a local dealer after a week of negotiations, talked with the previous owner and did have a car fax. The previous owner tried to buy it back as well. I've replaced the tires with the correct size (Michelin 265's) and went with the LTX M/S2 preferring the mileage as well as the quietness and comfort over the cross terrains originally used by Lexus. At 22mpg highway, cruise set to 85....can't complain about fuel economy for a big V-8. I do have the Levinson sound system/Nav. and rear entertainment system as well, so for a trip, that is a plus! LOVE THIS CAR!

One of the best cars we have ever had

by DJ from Houston | September 9, 2010

Bought used with 60,000 miles. Have put 20,000 on it no problems. Rides excellent. Very quiet and comfortable. Why drive anything else. Great value for the money.

Very good Value!

by Mike from Vancouver, BC | August 30, 2010

I bought my 2003 GX470 in May...with 96,000 miles. I actually bought it for my wife to drive, as I 'drove' my 2007 G35 which I love. Once we got the Lexus...I decided that I wanted it to be my vehicle instead. I love it! We just came back from a family camping trip that we could not have done before...and I don't feel like I am compromising any comfort. The height adjusted rear seems a little sensitive (it adjusts whenever anyone gets in the back seat)...but other than that the vehicle is awesome. I think the value is fantastic!

Best SUV you can get

by SCJim from OC CA | April 1, 2010

Bought my GX470 w/ 105K miles on it. Spent some cash to replace the belts as preventative maintenance. My family and I love this car/truck. It is the most comfortable dependable ride you can get. Don't be affraid to buy with miles on it. Great mileage for a V8 vehicle that seats 8! - average 19 MPG. Looking to get another one for my wife to replace the Burb @ 8MPG.

6 great years

by car-man from midwest | June 1, 2009

I purchased my gx470 new in 03, it was the best vehicle I have ever owned. I had 117k on this unit when someone pulled out in front of me. We hit at 55mph and my whole family walked away, wow what a suv. So we are looking for one to take the place of the old one, because any vehicle this good. We will not waste are time looking at other's lexus all the way.

Lexus once again

by Only Lexus For Me from Louisville Kentucky | April 6, 2009

Plush, smooth manly SUV for those who lead not follow. Excellent road manners and awesome power with better than i thought fuel economy. Not good for racing but who wants to race anyway? Plenty of power for responsible operation. Had to tear the RX330 away from the wife but now she appreciates the extra helpings of luxury and prestige. Do your self a favor and shop around and test drive competing models as you will return to the GX470 for certain as it is similar to a couch ride down the highway and is ultra reliable.

the best car out there

by happy owner from Chicago, IL. | March 29, 2008

this car drives smooth. great on the road and most of all.. it looks great!!! what a luxury!!!! this is our 4th lexus in the family....and we are not stopping here. we test drove all the other luxury cars and this doesn't compare. you can't go wrong with lexus.

I like all except one

by Love Lexus from Los Angeles | March 27, 2007

Brake seem to go out little faster than other car. But over all, this is the best car I've driven. Very comfortable, smooth ride.

Featured Services for this Volvo V40