2006 Lexus GX 470

15 city / 19 hwy

Overall

Great SUV

by 808993tt from Honolulu, HI | May 27, 2014

As an SUV, this truck is almost perfect. Tough body-on-frame with luxury interior and all wheel drive. Could use a bit more horsepower and a slightly sportier suspension, but comfort and capacity are all there.

miss

by jrock from miramar florida | April 7, 2013

My mom used to have this car but we had to sellit b/c we had no money. We love you lexus rodriguez soto

Test Drive

by Test Driver from Oil City, PA | January 5, 2013

Just test drove it and put money down on it right away. Sweet. It is a smooth ride. Quiet inside. Handles well. So many buttons, I made sure the manual was in the car. Love the real wood, GPS, Blue Tooth, leather seats and seat warmers. Plenty of room for snowboarding equiptment. And my 75 year old mom can't wait for me to take her out to eat in it. The breaks are quick to react. Gotta get used to that. And I love the way the steering wheel retracts automatically to make it easy to exit the car. I hope I can pick it up on Monday.

My Dream car

by Miss T.C. from Nashville,TN | December 12, 2012

Rides like I'm floating on air! Has all the bells and whistels I wanted. Looks like I will get years of enjoyment :)

Lexus GX 470 gives solid ride

by doc from richmond va | August 26, 2012

A little pricey, but that's a Lexus. Lexus dealers know how to treat customers. Loaners, car washed, personal service, but you also pay top dollar for it. More lush and comfortable than my Mercedes. Has 70000 miles and very few problems. Tire pressure senders seem a little weak. ($180 to replace). Sound system Mark Levin is extra expensive and impossible to repair except at dealer. Overall it a great car if you want top quality and don’t mind paying top prices.

lexus gx 470

by dj from | February 6, 2012

price based between private and retail...great car for the money. like driving a new one.. makes you feel safe.

What more could you ask for?

by two-wheeler from Des Moines, IA | October 31, 2011

I bought my 05 GX with approx 67K miles and it drives like a new car (even now with 81K miles). I've had it for a little over a year and have never had even the most minor hiccup. The ride is smoother and quieter than almost any other vehicle in it's class, and higher. The drivetrain is very sturdy and reliable, and if you're so inclined very easy to service as well.

GX470 Gas Guzzler!

by SUVEH from Mequon, WI | February 15, 2011

Nice car over all, but boy does it like to suck gass, I mean if you are at the pump you want to turn off the engine, otherwice, it is noticeable that you pump more gas. 16 MPG. Otherwice the car is nice, you do get unquestionable responsiveness from the engine. I got a 4runner which uses same engine, it is less responsive, but more MPG i get 18MPG. Seats are positioned closer to the door, I always hit that memory switch and reset it. I guess these are little things.

A lot like the Toyota Land Cruiser

by Suburban Dad from Northern Virginia | August 5, 2010

I had a Toyota Land Cruiser prior to the GX-470. Though it has slightly less space behind the third row of seats, it gets better gas mileage and has much better acceleration (likely due to lower curb weight). I think it is a lot of car for the money. Highly reccomend spending extra to get the navigation system as all of the controls can be run through the Nav screen. Best thing is that it hauls the kids and all the stuff you pick up shopping on the weekends, but IS NOT A MINIVAN. During the week, you can take the kids seats out and drive your buiness clients around in style. Only dislike is the lack of storage space between the front seats.

So far, so good

by nicoler from Truckee, CA | July 15, 2010

I purchased an '06 Lexus GX 470 about a month ago & so far so good. It is very smooth & comfortable, the interior has the touch of luxury I was looking for (had an Acura RDX & I may as well have been driving a Honda CRV). The room in the very back is great, too. Again, the RDX was so cramped I couldn't even fit a jogger stroller in it so this is a welcome change. Only negative I'll say about the GX 470 is that it does not have an iPod hook up (so I'm doing the poor-quality tape/iPod solution & does not have XM capability. Both things, I believe, should've been in an 06 GX. Otherwise, great car!

Featured Services for this Lexus GX 470