The GX 470 is positioned between the car-based RX 350 and the redesigned LX 570. The GX 470 has room for up to eight passengers when equipped with an optional third row. The GX loosely competes with anything between a Volvo XC90 and a Lincoln Navigator.
New for 2009
The Lexus GX 470 receives no significant changes for 2009.
The styling of the GX 470's exterior is intended to resemble other Lexus vehicles. Integrated fender flares and illuminated running boards are installed. Standard exterior features include:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Rear Adaptive Height Control, which raises the vehicle for extra clearance and lowers it for easier entry and exit
- Swing out (not up) cargo door
- Running boards
Seating for five is standard, but the GX 470 can seat up to eight when equipped with an optional third row. The Digital Lexus Link system, which connects the vehicle to a communications network for security and convenience assistance — much like GM's OnStar — is available. The service requires a paid subscription for an upgraded service. The base service is free for one year and provides safety assistance, including calling a Lexus Link emergency center if the airbags deploy.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Leather-upholstered seating and trim
- Powered front seats
- In-dash six-CD changer
- Leather-trimmed power-adjustable steering wheel
- Overhead console with an integrated HomeLink transmitter
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
Full-time four-wheel drive includes a center differential that splits power 50/50 between the front and rear wheels, and there's a low-range mode. Downhill Assist Control aids steep offroad descents. A Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System is available. With it, hydraulic control acts upon the stabilizer bars to reduce roll stiffness in response to changing conditions.
- 263-horsepower, 4.7-liter V-8 with 323 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic transmission
- 6,500-pound towing capacity when equipped with optional towing package
Safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for the first and second rows
- Electronic stability system
- Antilock brake
- Roll-sensing side curtain airbags for first and second rows
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||September 30, 2008|
|Lori Hindman||Mother Proof||January 29, 2009|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Lexus GX 470
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.