2010 Lexus HS 250h

See Photos & Videos

Overall

great car

by Paul from Amesbury | March 24, 2014

its not a prius, its a nice smooth economical ride. Great on gas and a little bit of luxury is tough to come by. Happy with it

Love it!

by J Hook from Naperville, IL/Tempe, AZ | October 11, 2013

Purchased this car CPO this past summer after parting with my beloved but problematic 2007 BMW X5. While I miss it dearly, I absolutely love this car and have zero intention of getting rid of it anytime soon. Since purchasing, I have averaged well over 35 MPG (EPA expected number), typically get 37-38 MPG per tank and have had some as high as 42. I don't drive that slow, either - it's all about learning how to drive it. I know I could squeeze a few more MPG out of it, but anything's better than my previous V8. Other than the MPG, my newest favorite feature is the XM's traffic info. Took it to Newport Beach a few weeks ago and it re-routed me to the point where I bypassed (almost) all LA traffic. I also reside in Phoenix from August-May, and the ventilated/air-conditoned seats are much appreciated. I got the Matador Red Mica exterior on Beige interior. While I wasn't so sure about the combo from the start, it has really grown on me, particularly after I got the windows tinted (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - looks sharp). In all, a great value used since resale took a dive after its discontinuation.

A great car to own used after depreciation!

by LairdLarry from Southern Minnesota | October 2, 2013

This is a great car. I have owned my 2010 Premium for 48,000 miles now and have just recently replaced the tires. I did not appreciate Lexus dropping this model from it's line up after 3 years of production. I think that a $ 42,000 vehicle should be worth more than $16000- 22000 in four years! I have from day one obtained 38 plus mpg and have enjoyed watching the mpg go up in traffic backups! I bought an extended warranty and intend to keep this car for a long, long time. Will I buy another Lexus? I don't think so....

Nice car with excellent gas mileage

by Lexus owner from Los Anglese, CA | August 9, 2013

Well appointed in the Lexus tradition. Great gas mileage average around 38 mpg around town. Get the one with the 17in wheels though. The 18 inch wheels look sporty, but the low profile tires hurt the ride comfort.

Lexus Hybrid

by hybrid rn from Southeast Florida | December 8, 2011

Love the idea of a hybrid Lexus. The HS250h delivers what is advertised. When comparing to other hybrids you will find more luxury and appointments with this car. The information systems built into the HS gives you constant feedback to help you with your driving habits to even further improve mileage. There are some "out there on the internet" claiming astronomical mpg but if you look at the sticker you will be pleased with the performance and mpg. Remember you are comparing to a hybrid and not to the top of the line luxury Lexus and you will be pleased with your purchase.

I love this car!

by Luxury Hybrid Driver from San Diego, CA | November 7, 2011

I purchased my 2010 HS250 pre-owned with about 11k miles on it. It has the Technology Package, which is something that I definately wanted (and highly recommend). The tech package features: Laser Cruise control (automatically slows you down if traffic in front of you slows, and then speeds you back up when it clears). Love this!!! Lane Departure Warning: If you start to drift out of your lane (and you're not using the turn signal), this feature beeps (to alert the driver) and gently helps steer the wheel back into your lane (you can actually feel the steering wheel tighten up, like driving a race car in an arcade game)! I really like this feature too! Collision Warning: If you're rapidly heading towards a slow moving (or stopped) object (like another vehicle), this feature alerts the driver with warning lights and buzzers, and pumps up the brakes to prepare for an accident avoidance. Rain Sensing Wipers: These turn on when it starts to rain, automatically go faster if the rain increases, and then they slow down and eventually turn off when the rain stops. I really dig these! Aside from all of the above, the tech package adds a heads-up display that shows your speed, radio station, navigation directions, and other useful information that is easily readible regardless of the time of day. My car also has an AMAZING sound system (not quite Mark Levinson, but very close), and so many other cool features I could go on and on. My only minor gripes: the vehicle could be a little higher for me (I'm tall). Another inch or two of legroom would also be appreciated (I'm 6'4"). I could also use a little more interior storage places in the doors and center console. I average around 30mpgs with city & hwy driving in San Diego (lots of hills). Get this car, you'll be glad you did! It's definately one of the best cars I've ever owned or driven!

Overpriced, underperforming vehicle.

by TommyT from Castle Pines, CO | July 26, 2011

Cheap interior and terrible handling in the snow. Way overpriced for the whole package. Only good thing is the gas mileage. Buy a Corolla or Prius instead and save some dough.

One of the best cars I've owned

by Car guy from Dallas TX | July 12, 2011

We bought this car for 3 reasons: Superior customer service with loan cars. Luxury features and benefits. Gas mileage. We have now had the car for 14 months and never been in the shop other than for normal mantaince. The car drives great and very smooth and has a heavy feeling even though its a mid size car. What can I say its a Lexus!!!

This is the car for higher gas prices.

by LairdLarry from Twin Cities, MN | February 24, 2011

Have owned by HS 250H for 1000 miles now and I highly recommend it. If you have a heavy right foot, then you will get the EPA mileage. I just finished a 300 mile round trip and averaged 41.2 mpg; I have yet to use the power mode and am getting along just fine thank you. These cars will soon start rising in price; get a discounted one while you still can!

Comfortable but not a sports car

by Roger Rabbit from Desert SW | June 12, 2010

Does everything well. You sacrifce performance for a mix of economy and luxury. Some interior materials are marginal; the exterior style is controversial.