2007 Lexus IS 250

20–22 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Great car!

by calbeeze from Paducah, KY | May 28, 2014

I bought this car to replace my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee. I would have never thought that she would come out of an suv and get into an actual car that is smaller than most. But she is more concerned about the savings in gas mileage than anything. So as a surprise to her, when I pulled up in this Lexus, she was shocked and overwhelmed with joy! She loved my choice and the car. She Likes the styling and comfort of the car along with its smooth ride. And as far as for me, well, I'm happy as long as she's happy. I really enjoyed the search and purchase experience I had with the internet and the dealership. They both made my job easy, as far as replacing her previous vehicle. The car ultimately turned out to be a great choice for me and her!

Fantastic!

by Mike 2JZGE from Chicago | February 17, 2013

After owning the 1st generation IS300 with a manual transmission which I loved and then switching to a BMW 328 was a complete letdown, I really regretted trading in my IS300. After 3 months of pain and regrets, I sold BMW and got a new IS250 AWD. It's night and day compared to BMW, much smoother, sportier and a dream to drive. The only comment: would love to have a proper manual offered!

Almost perfect

by Slipdipidis from Oklahoma City | April 3, 2012

Pros: 1. Excellent gas mileage (avg 30mpg) but only if you drive it normally, step on the gas hard (easy to do since it responds so nicely) and you'll burn through the tank quickly. 2. Amazing torque and acceleration/top speed. 3. Super Comfy seats and leg room all around. 4. Extremely sexy styling. 5. Oversized brakes 6. Plenty of luxury and features to make your drive enjoyable. 7. Amazing Sound System (Navigation package is TOTALLY worth the extra cost). 8. Ultra quiet ride 9. Headlights turn left, right, up and down so you can see where your going in a turn. 10. Hundreds of creature comforts that were well thought out by the engineers. Cons: 1. Navigation and manual phone dialing not available in motion. 2. Notchy steering feeling when wheel is at center position at speeds over 50 MPH. Makes it hard to steer smoothly without jarring the car left or right at those speeds. 3. Suspension is very stiff, on bad roads, you feel every bump. No control over that. 4. Difficult and expensive to update the Navigation. Advice: Read through the manuals... I promise it makes ALL the difference. Check the brakes and rotos before purchasing... they are EXTREMELY expensive to replace. Buy good tires.

Love my IS250 AWD

by Sprovi427 from Chicago, IL. | March 23, 2012

While I have never been a fan of Lexus, always saying they were just glorified Toyota's, I surprisingly find myself owning one and loving it. The IS has always caught my eye and I fell in love 60 seconds into test driving one. While the performance is less impressive than that of the BMW 3 and Audi A4, the IS is much more comfortable and user friendly when it comes to its technology. The BMW and Audi navigation systems are very difficult to use. The Lexus' GPS is very straightforward and simple to use. The push start is awesome, although I often forget where I put my key. The LED lights inside are awesome, rear view camera is phenomenal, and overall drive of the car is great. I never get tired of driving it even on long drives and am always comfortable no matter how long I'm in it. Usually I drive the car in "Sport" mode as it gives it a little more pick up. After you get going the car accelerates well, but off the start it drags. What's really cool is you can set the dashboard to let you know when you go above certain speeds - rings around the speedometer turn orange and then red. This is especially useful on the highway. I'm a 5'8 male, and I find the size of the car to be perfect. However, if you're 6' or taller, this is not the car for you. I've had tall friends in the front seat and they look cramped - their knees come awkwardly close to their chest - and there is no way they would fit in the backseat. Overall I love my car - it's sleek, sexy, comfortable, fun to drive, easy to maneuver, and the controls take no time to master. The certification program is AWESOME - I definitely suggest you purchase the tire warranty if it's offered through the dealership because the tires Lexus puts on the car SUCK. They go flat easily and are expensive to replace. Roadside assistance is quick to respond and act and Lexus customer service is definitely 5-star quality. I am very impressed. The pros: Gas mileage, Xenon headlamps, heated and cooled seats (AWESOME), rear view camera, navigation, comfort, east of controls, handling, turning radius, sound system, clarity and ease of bluetooth, gas mileage, handling in the snow, options, value, reliability, maintenance costs. The cons: Extremely small backseat, mundane handling compared to its German competitors, paint chips/scratches VERY easily, brake dust on the front rims is just as bad as my BMW while performance is less than, brakes take a little getting used to - people who drive my car for the first time often jerk around, tires, and blind spots. Overall - I LOVE my car and am very impressed by it. Will I buy another Lexus? Probably. Even if you don't think you'd like it - test drive it. I did. And fell in love. The only thing I am really disappointed by is the lack of power - the AWD wasn't available on the IS350 until a couple years later. But it's still a sexy car that I am proud to call my own and enjoy getting into every day.

I love this car

by disassybib from Van Nuys, CA | March 12, 2012

At 40,000 miles I've haven't had any mechanical problems at all. I love the styling, handling, acceleration, and reliability. The only thing that I don't like is the tires are different sizes on the front and back so you can't rotate them. I have to replace the tires every 15,000 miles. They're low profile 18" high performance tires and run about $1,000 for a set of 4. Other than that I absolutely love this car!

2006, had since new

by bigeasy from Baltimore | February 19, 2012

Bought car new in 2006, 61000 miles. No repairs or even new brakes, only oil changes so far, knock on wood. Only thing from perfect 5 star is rear leg room needs a couple more inches. Also own a BMW 328i, the Lexus has more pickup, uses less gas, and fewer rpm's at high speed. eg, cruising at 75 mph, lexus is at 2300rpms, v bmw at about 2600

Very reliable, sexy interior best purchase!

by ill_matic from Seattle, WA | January 18, 2012

Great car, great in the snow, pritty quick, and extremly luxurious! I recomend this to all ages, hands down the best car we have ever owned! Very happy with our is250

Awesome

by Lexus from Bay area,CA | April 18, 2011

This is an awesome car ! I definitely recommend it. I was definitely surprised by the great gas mileage !!! Looks good/drives good/reliable/good gas mileage.

Nicest car I have had the pleasure of owning!

by 513Mugsy914 from Cincinnati, OH | February 25, 2011

Walked on to the lot looking at another car that was on the "list". Ended up not liking it as much as I thought I would. Found this AWD model sitting in the corner and had to have it. Caught Jake Sweeney at just the right moment in time and landed a sweet deal. For having 60K on the odo the car rides like brand new. Even the leather still feels and smells like new. PROs: cuts through the snow like a hot knife through butter, comfort, comfort, comfort!!! Love the styling inside and out! Cons: the steering is a little vague for my tastes, and there could be more room for storage up front. But other than that, they would have to pry the keys from my cold dead hands to take it away from me.

IS2500

by Jacky from TX | December 13, 2010

This car is fun to drive. Exterior and interior are very nice. I just hope I bought this car few years earlier.