2010 Lexus IS 250

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Welcome back Lexus

by J.Fitz from Chicago, IL | February 8, 2014

I started with a 2006 IS350, traded that in for my "dream" car in a 2010 Mercedes Benz C300 (the worst car I ever owned). I have since traded the Benz in to go back to Lexus. I now own a 2010 IS250 and love the IS series cars. Hands down this is a far superior car to the C300 of MB. For those complaining about the cost of oil changes etc, you should look into that before purchasing the car. The reason for holding 5.7 qts of oil is because you are only scheduled to get an oil change once a year (twice max). Luxury cars are more expensive to take care of, this is not a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan. Lexus has won me over and I will never leave.

This is the one

by Bela from Ontario, ca | March 15, 2013

No matter what people say about this car but all my family have the same one. we love this car. i recommend to everyone.

Owning IS 250

by IS 250 owner from Rocky mount NC | May 28, 2012

I love my car! I traded from a Honda accord. The IS is a good bit smaller. It drives and handles very well. It's an increably smooth ride. Great gas mileage! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Very disappointed

by Charlie from | March 27, 2012

I bought a 2010 IS250 and couldn't wait to sell it, here is why: More squeeks and rattles than any new car I have ever owned. Stereo ASL is not adjustable, works poorly. Climate control will not operate as you select, changes settings itself even in manual mode. Steering wheel is much to hard to turn. Traction control is over engineered and near impossible to turn and keep off. Excessive number of much too loud warning beeps and flashing lights. Manual gear shift does not change into gear you select. Takes 5.7qts of oil and a old stlye cartridge oil filter making oil changes very expensive. Back seats do not open to trunk. Horrible understeer. A lot of engine vibration felt in steering wheel. Auto head & dash lights switch on/off numerous times in a single commute. Came with very poor quality tires. Speed warning indicator nearly impossible to set. Excessive cold engine idle speed 1800+ RPM for 20 minutes! Why the need for premium fuel? Trunk light is much too dim. Clock light does not dim with other dash lights. Brakes are inconsistant. No tire pressure display. No power seat memory. Intermittent wipers ramdomly cycle repeatedly instead of just once per cycle. The paint started chipping the day I bought it. The speedometer goes up to 160 making it hard to read for normal, realistic speeds. The tachometer throws off high rev warnings despite the fact that the computer will not allow it to over-rev in the first place. Never a Lexus ever again for me.

Someone's going to get a ticket

by Steeler fan from Williamsport, PA | December 23, 2010

My wife always wanted a Lexus so we shopped and she wanted the 250. I thought she'd want more comfort and room, but she loved it...still does. The back seat is a little cramped but that goes with the style. We took a little trip through some steep hills and windy state roads and I was very surprised at the speed at which we were going. It was a smooth ride and we'll have to use cruise a lot because the car flies. Great car!

Amazing Vehicle

by RideLexus from ny, ny | December 4, 2010

Have had the car for almost a month and as my third car, I have to say that I undersdand what all the fuss with Lexus is all about. Everything in this car is where it needs to be in order for the driver to reach it comfortably. Interior materials are simply amazing and a notch above infinity and acura. The navigation controls are easy to use and the safety features are amazing. Losing control with this car at 110 mph makes you realize what you paid for. It looks out for you in bad times! It also looks amazing on the outside. Backseat is small but perfect for a couple or singles. Its a purchase you won't regret.

If you like riding in a coffin...

by Matilda from San Diego, CA | September 27, 2010

If you enjoy the freedom of an open road, with all windows down and sunroof open, DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. There is a serious design flaw which the dealer is failing to acknowledge (and they are implying I am making the issue up) - the car shakes violently when you reach speeds of 45mph with the sunroof open. The shaking is so bad that I fear the rearview mirror will soon shatter. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR."

Love my new car

by Daniela from Walnut Creek, CA | June 8, 2010

I just bought the Lexus IS 250 four months ago and I enjoy it so much. The vehicle drives smoothly and has a sporty feel to it. The car looks good at any angle and has turned many heads when I drive it. I've also received compliments on how nice my car looks from men and women. Back seats are slightly cramped, but good thing I don't have people in the back often. Mileage is pretty good. My interior of ecru leather with espresso bird eye maple accent looks great and goes well with my exterior color of glacier frost mica. Definitely a nice upgrade from my Toyota Corolla. I can see myself being a longtime Lexus fan.

Love at First Drive!

by E. Kelly from New Orleans, LA | June 4, 2010

Purchased this car last Saturday, and I can't stay from behind the wheel! I've received compliments everyday this week on how pretty "Lexi" is! She's Starfire Pearl w/ Navi, etc.! She's fun to drive and is the perfect upgrade from a two-door car! The features are awesome (Lexus Enform/Safety Connect, 6-disc CD changer, USB/Auxilary port, push button start) ALL of the good stuff. The seats are comfy. I'm 24 with no kids, so the backseat isn't an issue for me. Can't wait to enjoy many more years with her :)

Beautiful

by Lorals from Nevada | March 28, 2010

Just bought one, but so far, I have no real complaints. If I had people in the backseat often, I'd rethink it, but I never do. It would also be nice if the dash came in another color besides black, but it's not a big deal. Beautiful interior and slick and stylish exterior. And the ride doesn't leave much to be desired.