2010 Lexus IS 250

18–20 city / 26 hwy

Overall

pros and cons

by 6 month is250 owner from New York, NY | February 1, 2015

so I have owned this car for 6 months, after owning a basic honda civic prior to. Obviously a big step up, so I wanted to talk about my impressions of the car. The most convenient features of the car are the remote keyless entry and remote start, so you do not have to take the keys out of your pocket. I would recommend getting a remote start installed independently (I did it at geek squad) and it will be significantly cheaper. Very convenient for winter days when you want to warm the car up. I wanted an AWD to power through the New york winter and fit into parking spaces. I drive about 70% city, and 30% highway, and my gas mileage is 16-17 mpg on average, which is significantly lower than the 20/27 that's advertised with premium gasoline. The car is comfortable for the front passengers, not so much for the backseat passengers, but that's given with a small sedan like this. the trunk is TINY, smaller than my civic's trunk. The backseats do not come forward if you want to increase trunk space. I think this is a fun sporty car for someone who doesn't need to drive around with too much cargo or passengers. Overall the car is very responsive, and is comfortable to drive in. Backup camera is incredibly convenient. For a young guy without kids and stuff to transport, this car fits the bill.

Great Car

by Wife's New Car from San Diego, CA | July 30, 2014

Purchased the 2010 model and it's just as a expected and maybe a little more. I bought for my wife and I. The only thing is that it is a little small inside for someone over 6 feet but I dont use it all the time, it's for my wife really. Overall, love the car and everyone should get the navigation...its worth it

You Deserve to be in a LEXUS 250

by Sharp Choice from riverside, ca | May 13, 2014

2010 LEXUS I/S 250 is one beautiful car; It's Classy, Functional, reliable and Sleek; It stands out from the crowd in it's class and one is one car to be Desired. It definitely turns heads, craftsmanship is optimum and the functionality of the car is Impeccable.

Welcome back Lexus

by J.Fitz from Chicago, IL | February 8, 2014

I started with a 2006 IS350, traded that in for my "dream" car in a 2010 Mercedes Benz C300 (the worst car I ever owned). I have since traded the Benz in to go back to Lexus. I now own a 2010 IS250 and love the IS series cars. Hands down this is a far superior car to the C300 of MB. For those complaining about the cost of oil changes etc, you should look into that before purchasing the car. The reason for holding 5.7 qts of oil is because you are only scheduled to get an oil change once a year (twice max). Luxury cars are more expensive to take care of, this is not a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan. Lexus has won me over and I will never leave.

This is the one

by Bela from Ontario, ca | March 15, 2013

No matter what people say about this car but all my family have the same one. we love this car. i recommend to everyone.

Owning IS 250

by IS 250 owner from Rocky mount NC | May 28, 2012

I love my car! I traded from a Honda accord. The IS is a good bit smaller. It drives and handles very well. It's an increably smooth ride. Great gas mileage! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Very disappointed

by Charlie from | March 27, 2012

I bought a 2010 IS250 and couldn't wait to sell it, here is why: More squeeks and rattles than any new car I have ever owned. Stereo ASL is not adjustable, works poorly. Climate control will not operate as you select, changes settings itself even in manual mode. Steering wheel is much to hard to turn. Traction control is over engineered and near impossible to turn and keep off. Excessive number of much too loud warning beeps and flashing lights. Manual gear shift does not change into gear you select. Takes 5.7qts of oil and a old stlye cartridge oil filter making oil changes very expensive. Back seats do not open to trunk. Horrible understeer. A lot of engine vibration felt in steering wheel. Auto head & dash lights switch on/off numerous times in a single commute. Came with very poor quality tires. Speed warning indicator nearly impossible to set. Excessive cold engine idle speed 1800+ RPM for 20 minutes! Why the need for premium fuel? Trunk light is much too dim. Clock light does not dim with other dash lights. Brakes are inconsistant. No tire pressure display. No power seat memory. Intermittent wipers ramdomly cycle repeatedly instead of just once per cycle. The paint started chipping the day I bought it. The speedometer goes up to 160 making it hard to read for normal, realistic speeds. The tachometer throws off high rev warnings despite the fact that the computer will not allow it to over-rev in the first place. Never a Lexus ever again for me.

Someone's going to get a ticket

by Steeler fan from Williamsport, PA | December 23, 2010

My wife always wanted a Lexus so we shopped and she wanted the 250. I thought she'd want more comfort and room, but she loved it...still does. The back seat is a little cramped but that goes with the style. We took a little trip through some steep hills and windy state roads and I was very surprised at the speed at which we were going. It was a smooth ride and we'll have to use cruise a lot because the car flies. Great car!

Amazing Vehicle

by RideLexus from ny, ny | December 4, 2010

Have had the car for almost a month and as my third car, I have to say that I undersdand what all the fuss with Lexus is all about. Everything in this car is where it needs to be in order for the driver to reach it comfortably. Interior materials are simply amazing and a notch above infinity and acura. The navigation controls are easy to use and the safety features are amazing. Losing control with this car at 110 mph makes you realize what you paid for. It looks out for you in bad times! It also looks amazing on the outside. Backseat is small but perfect for a couple or singles. Its a purchase you won't regret.

If you like riding in a coffin...

by Matilda from San Diego, CA | September 27, 2010

If you enjoy the freedom of an open road, with all windows down and sunroof open, DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. There is a serious design flaw which the dealer is failing to acknowledge (and they are implying I am making the issue up) - the car shakes violently when you reach speeds of 45mph with the sunroof open. The shaking is so bad that I fear the rearview mirror will soon shatter. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR."