2011 Lexus IS 250

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love it!

by idrivecarsforstyleandcomfort from Midlothian, VA | July 22, 2014

I traded in a 2012 Acura TL and I love this car. I'm a bit disappointed I did not purchase this car when I was shopping for my Acura. The body style is great (not sure how I feel about the new body style). I don't haul around a lot of people so primarily it's just me in the car and I feel very comfortable. I have an AWD, I drive about 35 miles to work daily one way so with that and leisure drives, I feel like I am often filling up my gas tank. Other than that I am very happy with this car and would recommend to someone who is looking for a small, comfortable, and stylish ride.

Best Car Ive ever owned.

by sexy lexy from Massachusetts | August 1, 2013

Bought a 2011 with 12,000 miles on it for about 27,500. Doing research for this car was difficult. It was probably split 65-35 positive to negative. The negative comments just didnt hold up after owning the car for 4 months. The "professional" reviewers, same comments over and over "small interior (i am 6 foot 1), other cars in the same in class better bet, lacks engine power, blah blah blah" My experience after having the car for 4 months is that its simply fantastic. AWD, sharp looking, awesome interior, controls set up easy to use and as always with toyota and lexus GREAT reliability. Car looks sharp enough to be a luxury car, yet well suited for commuting. Do your homework, the car is fantastic, however many dealerships along my travels were not.

Great car

by Cali from Long Beach, Ca | July 29, 2013

I love love love this car !!!! It's truly a perfect fit for me and my 11 year old.However , my husband who is over 6ft says the inside is a tight fit for him.

Awesome looks

by Davey from Memphis, TN | July 9, 2012

This car is a looker. I wasn't searching for something large. I wanted a smooth, quiet riding vehicle for commuting to work. It's nimble enough to flow with the morning/afternoon rush hour traffic. The handling is very responsive. The feel is solid inside and out.

Beautiful on the outside and in....

by Luxury sports car from Clarksville, TN | December 19, 2011

So I'm a 30 year old female and this is my second brand new car purchase. This car is beautiful on the outside and in, of note I got some of the f-sport options without the f sport price. The only complaint I've ever seen of this car is that's it's too small inside but that's actually what I prefer. Small cars give me peace of mind when parking and etc. just a personal preference.

IS 250 AWD is awesome

by banker62 from Ashburn, VA | November 1, 2011

Great vehicle if you are more interested in reliability and comfort than in 0-60 performance. The interior is as nice as anything I have ever driven, very quiet, seats provide a lot of support, and the dash is laid out perfectly. Handling is superb and I cant wait for our first good snowstorm to see how the AWD works. Acceleration is not great, but if that is what you are looking for go with the 350. In short, a great vehicle for the price, and I will probably stick with Lexus for my next vehicle as well.

Best in class

by Loyal Lexus owner from Savannah, Ga | October 2, 2011

Wonderful Car! Second Lexus. My wife drives an RX. Great quality! Fantastic craftsmanship inside an out. Those who are not as enthusiastic about HP should consider the 350. However, the 250 is just as fun to drive and has better fuel economy!

not alot of leg room for anyone 6ft tall or over

by wigwag1 from | August 7, 2011

I have 1700 miles now on my new Lexus IS250. I really do like the car. I had a 2002 Audi A6 and I do miss that V6 torque, but the 4 cylinder still gets up and go pretty quick. The suspension is a little stiff but nothing serious it still rides very nice. However heres the problem. Im 5'10 I have the seat all the way back and still dont have much leg room. Right after I picked up the car I took a 2 hour drive theres not much room to strech my left leg and my right leg bent while my foot on the gas, my legs were so stiff after the ride. Now Im disapointed because I like the car but I can't really drive because I can't get comfortable because have no leg room, so now my wifes driving it and im driving her Volvo. She was the one who picked the car out in the first place and I got it so now is her new car.

Sports Car for the Practical Middle-Aged Man

by Roc from San Antonio, Texas | April 5, 2011

I am glad I bought this IS 250 sedan over the many other 2 & 4 door sports car versions. It's practical but has the unbelievable torque to move out quick. The handling is confident, I like its quiet and luxury ride but enjoy the compact feel too. Rear wheel drive is the thing of the past and I miss it, so the rear drive feels a bit sporty too. The looks are slick, I just wish the silver color was more medium grey. I also wish the speakers were Bose. Nothing beats a Bose system. Too bad. I'd like the aux ports outside, not in the console. Temp & Compass in the rear-view mirror would be good too. I will probably upgrade to the IS 350 in four years...my daughter gets this IS 250 for college. I am satisfied for now. Thanks.

A quite Convertable - at last

by Ol' Guy from MD | March 27, 2011

Comfortable with top up or down. I am 6'5" tall and 290# - and - I fit just fine. Good performance and gas mileage. Yes, with top down trunk space is limited. Yes, one must learn to use all available car mirrors and warning system when backing. So many unsolicited favorable comments on car's "looks" have been surprising. My last convertable was a 1969 GTO, and before that a 1966 Vet. Finally a quiet, comfortable, and reliable convertable.