2003 Lexus IS 300

18 city / 24–25 hwy

Overall

Worst car ever

by lexie from usa | February 20, 2014

Bought this lexus is300 with 127000 and has been nothing but a money pit. First week front calipers went bad. Third week it blew a spark plug. After owning 2 months goes thru at least 2 quarts of oil a week. Found out oil has been getting in the spark plugs and some needed to be changed. One of the 3 catalytic converters is out. Nothing but a money pit and large well known dealership where I bought it just said oh well.

Best golf cart ever.

by Ondawest from LA california | January 16, 2012

I just purchased a used Lexus is 03 wit 113 k miles and so far in having a blast. one of the best choices I've ever made. Runs greatt!! Fast, + the chicks luv it.

best car I've owned

by legendary fan from Dallas,tx | January 12, 2011

It's one of a kind with suede & leather interior option. Performance is outstanding. The steering wheel is nice & soft and thick for good grip. This cars handles so well around 360 turns. I love the cruise control maneuver on a nonmobile part of the steering column, which works better than being on the steering wheel itself like most cars these days that makes it hard to fine during turns since most people don't hold the wheel @ 9 and 3 o'clock. It lasted me >8yrs already & still drives better than most cars.

Attractive fun driving dependable auto.

by Car Enthusiast from VA | November 29, 2010

Enjoy driving the car, very responsive, stylish, comfortable vehicle. Has been dependalbe since purchased used. Good features and options standard. A sorty 4 door which can cary 4 adults comfortably or 5 for a short distance. Car has potential for performace upgrades at reasonable cost with out sacrificing dependablity. Lexus has good quality with one exception, needs a better shift knob for the manuel transmission. A great drivers car.

Incredible Car

by Nate from Raleigh, NC | October 30, 2010

It's a joy to drive this car. Incredible pick up, smooth ride and quiet, quiet, quiet. It's sharp looking both inside and out. This is my first Lexus and my wife has fallen in love with this car, so there may be another on the way.

Perfect car!!

by Kim from Temecula | July 21, 2009

I Own a 2001 IS300. Same body style, features etc. This by far has been one of the best cars I have owned. I have 178,000 miles on mine and it runs perfect. I maintain all services and have only done brakes and tires since the belt services at 90,000. expensive to maintain though since my dealer srvice was over $1600.00, other than that and insurance, the car is perfect!

one of the best

by gr8-1 from ontario, ca | November 2, 2008

i have a 2003 lexus is300 and it has 102,000 miles. never once have a problem. car perform like a new car..changed the brake pad at 100,000 miles, could have gone another 30,000. the car gets great mpg on the freeway (got as high as 26 mpg). with the 5 sp manual, it feels like a real sport car. you can never go wrong with a lexus. unlike bmw or mercedes, lexus will last 300k miles easily. i owned 4 lexus and 1 of them has more than 350k miles!

Amazing Car

by Skydiveguy05 from Columbus, OH | January 22, 2007

I bought a used 2003 IS 300 after looking at BMW 330ci's. Both offered similar features, but the Lexus had a lower price and from my research, higher reliability. The vehicle had approximately 51,000 miles when I purchased it and it drives and handles like a new car! Many reviews that I read complained about the instrument cluster; speedometer, tachometer, etc. Like any new car, one has to acclimate to the displays, features, locations of buttons, etc. I have found the controls to be laid out in a very use-friendly, intuitive fashion. The manual transmission is a joy to drive and has no problem getting off the line or passing traffic on the highway. The cabin is well insulated from road noise and the stereo is much better than other cars I test drove. The indash 6 disc changer loads and ejects discs quickly and has yet to jam. The tape deck, well, it's a nice touch, but I'd rather have a larger display than a tape deck! My only regret is that I could not find an IS 300 with a navigation system. My only complaint is that the rear seat does not fold down and the pass-through is not large enough for my snowboard. However, I can fit my snowboard and a second one in my backseat with no problem what-so-ever. I highly recommend this car, if you can find one!

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Car Enthusiast from Los Angeles, CA | December 24, 2006

If you want a car that is a best for everything, look no further. This car has everything. If you want power. It has it. If you want handling. It has it. If you want looks. It has it. Whatever you look for in a car it has. The IS will meet or exceed your needs. With the Lexus name you know it is a good car. I've have over 80 thousand miles on this car. Nothing has gone wrong with this car. Routine maintainace only. I haven not even changed the brakes. I get a smile when I drive this car. Even three years later after purchase. Look no further!

Featured Services for this Lexus IS 300