1992 Lexus LS 400

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Best Car

by Car hobbyist from South Glastonbury, CT. | December 3, 2011

I have owned this LS400, 1992 since 1994, it was a corporate lease return with 30K miles on it. I have had no out of the ordinary repairs during the 87K miles that it has now. One of three cars, I usually drive it for longer drives, because it is so quiet inside. It has such a silky drive that even at the end of a 500+ miles drive one does not feel fatigued. I am sure that the later models are still better, although I do not know how can you improve perfection. I wish such perfection in American auto industry.

Rated one of the 5 best cars ever built

by Monroe from Nevada | May 5, 2011

Best car I've ever owned. Excellent ride, comfort, performance. Excellent reliability and Economical.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by car man from GAry,IN | July 2, 2009

I've never had a problem with my LS400 for 13 years. nice car,sell fast, luxurious,cool, hold your money

Best Sedan on the market since 1990

by Lexus Only from Alexandria, IN | December 7, 2008

I've owned 2 '92 LS400s since 1995; I've put 570,000 miles on them combined. Recently I changed the plugs and plug wires in my 2nd one. Gunking the engine caused the moisture in the back 4 plugs or I don't believe I'd have had to change either. The '92 4 liter motor is the last non-interference motor that Lexus made (ie. if the serpentine belt breaks the machine just coasts to a stop. The belt costs very little, but the labor to install is salty. I've never changed one in half a million miles, but with an interference type motor...........if it breaks you've got an expensive valve job. I will keep driving '92 LS's until there are NONE LEFT.

I would buy another one

by John O from San Jose Ca | December 31, 2007

Very safe and solid vehicle. Feels like you are riding in a Mercedes or BMW . This is best car I have ever owned.

These cars don't break, don't lose value!

by mswartz23 from Manchester, NH | August 14, 2007

My second LS400, 270000 miles and STILL RUNNING STRONG! (I drove my first one (1991 model year) to 340,000 miles and still sold it for $3000 4 years later!). In short, best car ever built. Traditional-looking luxury 4-door sedans may not be everyone's cup of tea, but what a great car, even if you're just looking for a plain-old dependable used car. The first one I bought by chance, and since then I've never looked back. It looks like a million bucks, rides like a brand-new one, and short of the occasional regular maintenance, I've had only VERY minor unscheduled fixes, and the overall maintenance cost is less than what most people pay to maintain a 4 or 5 year old car. The suspension is soft and cushy, but somehow the car handles like a BMW in the twisty-turnies, and the ride is so quiet that your ears will hurt when you get into another car and get on the highway! And it's a pleasure to drive all-year-round, in all 4 seasons. Only drawback is driving on snow/ice, but with traction control and at least rear snow tires, it's very manageable.

Featured Services for this Lexus LS 400