1995 Lexus LS 400

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love It

by LexusGal from Florida | September 19, 2013

My mom and stepdad bought the car (1995 Lexus LS400) new, and I acquired it in 2001. It has 150K on it. I've never loved a car like I love this one. It's been kept up and has been great. New starter, new battery 2x, timing belt, brakes, but no new major parts needed. My mechanic says it should go at least another 150K. He said the interiors of the comparable Mercedes and BMWs fall apart with this kind of age, but the Lexus interiors don't. And that's true. Used to live in California and when driving the Grapevine pass from SF to LA my prior cars (Plymouth, Olds 98) all used to struggle. But the first time I drove it in this, I was like, "That was the Grapevine? That was it?" One time I had to brake as hard as I could and swerve violently to avoid a collision, and the ABS worked great and although the rear end slid, as soon as I let up on the brake it lurched back on track. As a tall woman, I find the driver's headroom a little low. But I'll never give up this car.

Cheap affordable luxury....AND reliable!

by bucka from Illinois | November 1, 2011

I bought mine used with 109K and I now have 179k and nothing major has gone wrong. Car is quiet and comfortable and I have gotten as much as 27 mpg on long highway stints. LOVE IT!

cannot believe it

by kenno from NASHVILLE, TN | October 22, 2011

i bought this car because i liked the way it looks. CLEAN CUT.....with about 90,000 miles on it. i now have over 250,000 and i am still waiting for something to break or go wrong. i mean nothing. .... and i know the car will do over 150 miles per hour. the new ones can't do that so was this car an expression of engineering excellence or what. I HAVE CHANGED THE LIGHT BULBS AND THE BATTERY TWICE AND STILL HAVE NOT REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR. GUESS WHAT NO TUNE UP EITHER JUST SYN OIL. MY NEXT STEP IS TO BASIC OVER HAUL (TIMING BELT , PUMP, & FULL TUNE UP ) AND DRIVE ANOTHER 250,000

great when new

by stan the man from orlando fl | September 30, 2011

bought the car 1995 ls400 last year , why? oh why?after 17 years of florida heat and humidity reaked havoc on belts hoses boot etc spent $4000 so far . Not the cars fault but relealize there is a lot of expense to a car this year . Wish I could have afford it when it was new.

1st Time Lexus Owner - Never drive anything else!

by Lexus Lover Forever from Kansas | December 30, 2008

The LS4oo was my first experience with a Lexus vehicle, and only vehicle I will drive in the future! Handling, ride, and performance are absolutely awesome! For a large luxury sedan to average 24-25 mpg on the highway is fantastic!Other than normal routine maintenance, this car has been completely trouble free. You will more than save the extra $$ spent on these cars in maintenance savings, plus gain all the benefits of a luxury automobile!

Best car on the road today.

by Lucky from Dublin, Ca | June 1, 2007

I have a 94 as well as a 95 Ls400. My 95 however gets great gas mileage. I commute (78 miles roundtrip) with an avg. speed of 75 to 80 mph and I'm still getting over 23 miles to the gallon. I can go 440 miles a tank before filling up again. The most reliable vehicle out there as well. I have 183k miles on my 95 with original motor and tranny and the car runs like it's brand new. My friends cannot beleive it's 12 years old and runs the way it does. My 94 has 186k and the same story for that with the exception of the gas milage. Why buy brand new of any other kind when the Ls400 comes with a complete package if you're in the market for a roomy family sedan.

"Definately the most reliable car I have owned"

by Skip from Healthcare Professional in Encino Ca | August 19, 2006

I have owned Jaguars & Volvos and currently have a newer S Class Mercedes. Having bought the Mercedes to have a different car to keep my wife happy, I feel I may have made a mistake in some areas. The Mercedes is a fine Automobile, but rides harder. The overall performance, comfort, and satisfaction, makes me still want to drive the Lexus. Also, not costly to maintain and gets good milage as compared to our Luxury cars What's done is done and someone will definately get a great car. Where we noramlly keep cars 7-10 years, I was in no hurry to change from the Lexus.I feel that in a few years I will return to a Lexus as our family car.

Featured Services for this Lexus LS 400