1996 Lexus LS 400

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

great car

by kobaltwars from seattle | January 6, 2014

2nd owner bought at 70k now have 145k on this car here is what I have done 90k timing belt oh tires at 80k oil changes every 5k lets see thats it brakes still good get 25 mpg average lots of highway miles in my comute been a great car my next car is going to be a truck but ifI was going to get another car it would be a lexus for sure

A real solid car!

by Fred from Maryland | December 13, 2013

I bought my 1996 LS400 from a private owner about 4 years ago and am very proud of it. The previous owner advertised it on cars.com "This is a good one" and as a matter of fact he was telling the truth. This turned out to be the best car I've ever owned. Everyone i gave a ride always give compliments about its interior comfort. The car has been very reliable, its doors are like iron casts, very heavy, I always feel safe in the car. Toyota did an awesome job building this handsome horse!

Definitely the Most Reliable Car We Have Owned

by Roadrunner from Little Rock, Arkansas | August 18, 2012

We bought this car when it had about 300 miles under 48,000 miles on it. Bought it to give my wife a smooth ride because of health problems and it did not disappoint. I sold it with almost 190,000 miles on the car. Yet, I would not have hesitated to drive it across the country because of its reliability. It never gave us any problems...none! We drove this car to Minneapolis, Seattle, Atlanta, El Paso, TX, Savannah, Jacksonville, FL and would not have hesitated driving it that far again. Most reliable, comfortable, inexpensive to maintain, and drive of any car we have owned. We bought another Lexus but this time an RX-330 and just drove it to El Paso, TX and was a JOY to ride and drive it. The LS400 gave us 27 MPG at 70 MPH on interstate and 26 MPG at 80 (yes TX has a lot of 80) MPH. That was with a big V-8!

The best car i've ever owned

by Jason from Chicago | September 19, 2010

I bought my 96 LS400 with 60,000 miles since then I have put 15,000 miles on it with no problems. I handles and drives very well. It is a very well built machine with smooth and powerful acceleration. I would recommed this car to anyone looking for long lasting and reliabile car.

Best car I've owned

by DennistheS from Indianapolis | August 15, 2010

I bought my '96 LS400 from a man who'd bought it new. I've had it for almost seven years and 55K miles. The same E 96th street dealer's taken care of it since it rolled off the truck new. It's a fine car. Solid, quick and a joy to drive in the city or on the interstate. The maintenance has been reasonable and, even though I drive too aggressively, the mileage is good. It's ten years from becoming a classic and I still feel good about driving it.

The very best car that I have ever owned

by Lexus for life from Chicago, Il | October 19, 2009

I brought this car as a second owner in 2006. I have driven it since. I have it serviced about once a year. If you do routine maintance this car will last a very long time. I am up to 160,000 miles and only major repair has been a fuel pump. Just brought a new RX and must admit the old LS is a more comfortable driving car. It brakes my heart to get rid of the LS 400.

Lexus 400LS Best Car I've Owned

by IndyDMan from Indianapolis, IN | July 21, 2009

I bought this five years ago from a fellow moving to Hong Kong. He bought it new. It rides sooooo well. And, it handles well. Self-leveling. When snow is high I raise the body. When need to manuever flip on the Power setting and the computer adjusts suspension and engine set up. Great comfortable seats and a wonderful sound system.

Awesome Car

by GKLCPA from PA | December 13, 2008

I have owned my 1996 LS for two years and it's the best car I've ever owned hands down and that's using Mercedes and BMW as points of comparision. The main thing that distinguishes the LS from these guys is the reliability and build quality. Basically, I have a 12 year old car that drives like new and I've not have to pay anything other than basic maintenance. I must admit however, that one may have to dig deep on some of the basic maintenance items, like the timing belt change, but that's more than offset by the longevity of the car itself. This is an excellent vehicle that I'll be driving for years and when it's done, I'll be getting another LS.

Nice car

by mujchuj from Ill | April 7, 2007

great performance and reliability. smooth ride with no bumbs. have this car for 11 years without any problems (engine).. runs like new.

Featured Services for this Lexus LS 400