2005 Lexus LS 430

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

After one year of 2005 LS 430 ownership

by Lexus ls430 owner from Chicago IL | July 10, 2014

I've owned my 2005 LS430 for over a year as of July 2014: The good: 1. Smooth, silky, quiet ride 2. 18" wheels/tires provide better than expected handling. 3. Good higher speed acceleration. 4. High quality workmanship inside and out. 5. 18 - 20 mpg average. The Bad: Some issues I have had that I would not expect for such a "high rated" flagship car. 1. Mark Leverson stereo: CDs jam all the time. The sound is not accurate or high quality as implied. 2. the GPS is practically useless by to days standards. Unintuitive is the 1st word that comes to mind and overly complicated, and inaccurate. The dealer charges $100.00+ for a map update which involves a DVD tucked inside the trunk area. Phone book sync not compatible to Droid or Apple OS. 3. The front suspension is going to require a whole lot of work (80,000 miles) Developed recent loud clunking and steering sheer on even smaller bumps. (My 1996 Accura and 97 Accord had over 150,000 miles without any suspension issues) 4. $2000 + to replace the timing belt, pullys, water pump at 90,000 miles 5. Poor visibility (Blind spots) and side mirror adjustment motor works intermittently. 6. Have to lower moon roof vent manually before using the sliding moon roof. 7. 1-2 second delay when needing quick acceleration from a near stand still in heavy traffic. (very un-nerving) 8. Cooled seats don't work well compared to newer models. Heated seats are adequate. 9. If you get a flat, don't try to jack the car up and change the tire as the frame is covered with a panel that will crack. 10. A lot of wind noise when opening sun roof at higher speeds. (friends BMW 545i is whisper quiet at higher speeds) I need to determine whether I want to pump 3 to 4 thousand dollars into this car to keep it optimal and if I feel comfortable that it will be reliable for a longer period of time or downgrade for more reliability, mileage ...etc

Lexus LS 430 Performance

by Luxurious car Lover from Houston | July 13, 2013

This is a very comfortable car made to experience life's moving luxurious motor vehicle. It is really a car made to the level of pursuit for perfection. I love the car and really enjoy the performance. Thanks to the engineers of Lexus motor company for their ingenuity. After experiencing the comfort Lexus brings, I will never want to drive anything other than the Lexus family of cars. Sincerely, Lexus Lover.

Oh, what a ride!

by palral from Los Angeles, CA | June 5, 2013

This car has everything I wanted: Rear-wheel drive, the power of a V8 engine, and the luxury and reliability of a legendary car maker! The vehicle looks and feels much newer than it actually is. The ride is impeccable!

Smooth ride

by Roberto from Research Triangle, nc | November 23, 2012

This is my 4th LS and each has been better than the one before. The comfort and reliability has always been superb and each newer model has added little touches that make the care even more comfortable. Back seat is important in my work and my clients are always comfortable and able to concentrate on our objective and have very easy entry/exit. Service is less expensive than comparable German cars, and less frequent.

The best! You may never need to buy another car!

by Key to the best car from Walnut Creek, CA | September 27, 2012

Buying a used car? This is the sweet spot! Go for a 2005 430 Lexus LS with all options. Has everything you need in a car and more. Bargain! And it may even out last you!

Best luxury car I have owned

by I live to drive! from Chicago, IL | January 16, 2012

No questioning the luxury component of the Lexus LS 430. Most cars in this price range offer most of the luxuries that are in the LS. But, this is the "smoothest" car I have ever driven in every way. I never thought I would use the phrase "slicing through warm butter" to describe a car, but that is exactly what I feel I am doing with every action in this car. Surprisingly, it handles very well for its size and intentions. This coming from someone who has only driven sports cars so far - Porsches and BMWs, I hope means something.

Best deal for a high end luxury sedan

by I'm Hooked from Raytown, MO. | December 19, 2011

I love my new used Lexus LS430! My previous car was an Acura Legend coupe that I swore I would never give up. But after owning my Lexus over 3 months now I must say it is a vastly better car. It is easy to see why it retailed for $60,000 new! Leather, polished Burlwood trim, heated and cooled front seats, heated seats in the rear, voice controlled navigation and Mark Levinson sound system. Night time accent lighting in the door handles, ceiling console, and all the foot rest areas! It's like they thought of every creature comfort and then some and put it in this car. No car on the road is quieter, and the ride is so smooth. A darn near 300 horsepower V8 also makes sure this luxury cruiser is no slouch!! Will keep it as long as possible!!

GREAT VEHICLE

by LEXUS LOVER from North Carolina | September 21, 2011

I absolutely love EVERYTHING about my Lexus LS430. I bought it used and have put many miles on it with my 45 minute commute back and forth to work. No issues other than keeping oil change and I recently replaced the tires. You cannot go wrong with this. Definite head turner.

More features and reliability than expected

by upward05 from Del Mar, CA | July 13, 2011

I have driven a 2004 LS430 for 4 years. All I have done is change the oil. It has not had one single repair need other than replacing air filters, which I did easily myself. It's hard to believe, but I bought it with 25,000 miles on it and it now has 87,700. I have the same brake pads as when I bought it! I had been a Mercedes owner for probably 20 years before this car, and I will NEVER drive another MB. The Lexus has far exceeded the expectations I had, which were substantial, based on all the glowing reviews I had read online. The only real way to appreciate the car is to own one. I'd be writing a long time to describe all the comfort and convenience features it has. And it averages 21 mpg city and highway, mostly the latter. The designers thought of things I would never have thought of. Can't say enough good things about it.

Pure luxury

by Car guy from Portland | June 18, 2011

This car is everything you want and need. A true head turner. Powerful and responsive. This car will not let you down.