Lexus' flagship LS 460 full-size sedan is available in standard form and as a limousine-like long-wheelbase LS 460 L model that stretches nearly 204 inches from bumper to bumper — 5 inches more than the standard model. The LS can seat up to five people, and both sizes are available with rear- or all-wheel drive. Competitors include the BMW 7 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. An optional Advanced Parking Guidance System lets the car park itself and is one of the car's most intriguing features.
A hybrid version of the LS 460 L sedan, dubbed LS 600h L, is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2012
An LS Sport Authentic Special Edition is new for 2012. Based on the regular-wheelbase rear-wheel-drive LS 460, the model includes 19-inch forged alloy wheels with summer tires, Brembo brakes, a sport-tuned air suspension, a unique grille, power door closers, paddle shifters, front sport seats, a black and topaz interior color scheme, and a navigation system. Production is limited to 250 copies.
The side mirrors have integrated turn signals, and the standard 18-inch wheels have a 10-spoke design. Exterior features include:
- Xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Power moonroof
- Available 19-inch wheels
- Available power rear sunshade
In the long-wheelbase variant, Lexus aims to replicate the environment of a business jet with an optional massaging 45-degree-reclining rear seat that includes an ottoman for leg support. Interior features include:
- Available voice-activated navigation system
- Available 19-speaker Mark Levinson stereo
- Available rear flip-down DVD screen on long-wheelbase models
- Long-wheelbase model offers an optional Executive Class Seating Package with a reclining right-side rear seat, a rear center console with a tray table, ventilation controls and a drink cooler
Under the Hood
The 4.6-liter V-8 engine uses direct fuel injection along with traditional port fuel injection. Mechanical features include:
- 380-horsepower, 4.6-liter V-8 with 367 pounds-feet of torque (rear-wheel drive)
- 357-hp, 4.6-liter V-8 with 344 pounds-feet of torque (all-wheel drive)
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- Electronic power steering
- Available air suspension with selectable comfort modes
The optional Advanced Pre-Collision System, which helps detect pedestrians and apply strong braking power, is available with a camera that monitors the orientation of the driver's face. It can activate warnings if the driver isn't looking ahead for more than a few seconds. Other safety features include:
- Electronically controlled antilock brakes with brake assist and electronic brake-force distribution
- Electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Front knee airbags
- Available rear-seat side-impact airbags
- Available backup camera with navigation system
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Lexus LS 460.