Lexus' flagship LS 460 full-size sedan is available in standard form and as a limousinelike long-wheelbase LS 460 L model that stretches 205 inches from bumper to bumper — 5 inches more than the standard model. The LS can seat up to five people, and both sizes are available with rear- or all-wheel drive. Competitors include the BMW 7 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
A hybrid version of the LS 460 L sedan, dubbed LS 600h L, is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section. Lexus added an F Sport model to the LS lineup last year.
(Skip to details on the: LS 460 F Sport)
New for 2014
The LS now offers Siri Eyes Free Mode for the iPhone 4S and 5, which enables various voice commands through Siri including placing a call, playing music from iTunes, listening to and composing text messages and emails, getting directions, performing a search, listening to notifications and calendar info, and adding reminders and appointments.
- Lexus' signature spindle grille
- 18-inch alloy wheels; available 19-inch wheels
- Xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights; LED headlights available
- Side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Power moonroof
- Navigation system with 12.3-inch screen
- Remote Touch console controller
- Bluetooth phone connectivity and streaming audio
- Available Mark Levinson premium stereo
- Available Blu-ray backseat entertainment system with a 9-inch screen
- Long-wheelbase model offers an available Executive Class Seating Package with a reclining right-side rear seat, a rear center console with a tray table, ventilation controls and a drink cooler
- Available power rear sunshade
Under the Hood
- 386-horsepower, 4.6-liter V-8 engine with rear-wheel drive; 360 hp with all-wheel drive
- Engine uses premium gas
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- Available air suspension with selectable modes
- Electronically controlled antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Front knee airbags
- Backup camera
- Available rear-seat side-impact airbags
- Available blind spot warning system with cross-traffic alert
- Available automatic high-beam headlights
- Available Advanced Pre-Collision System, which helps detect pedestrians and apply strong braking power
LS 460 F Sport
Positioned as the engaging-to-drive LS, the F Sport model is differentiated on the outside by its unique mesh grille with a black surround, larger cooling openings, round fog lights and F Sport badges. The exterior changes are complemented on the inside with sport seats, aluminum pedals, shift paddles on the steering wheel and a black Alcantara headliner.
- Drivetrain is unchanged
- 19-inch forged-aluminum wheels
- Lowered air suspension
- Limited-slip differential for rear-wheel-drive versions
- Brembo-brand brakes
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Lexus LS 460.