2008 Lexus LS 600h

20 city / 22 hwy

Overall

Update: 4 years later

by Car lover from Minneapolis from Minneapolis, MN | June 5, 2014

I last wrote about my car June 5, 2010. Now 4 years later, very little has changed. I put snow tires on 18" wheels for the MN winters 3 seasons ago. Car is incredibly stable with absolute traction in even deep 5-6" of snow. Feel even more secure with snow tires. Just drove Minneapolis to MIlwaukee round trip and it remains a joy to drive. Amazing passing acceleration and smoothness. I own a 2013 Boxster S (which I love!) and yet the response of the LS600 from 50 -70mph in sport mode is as eager as the Boxster S. Car feels as fresh and new as 4 years ago in all respects. Still the best allrounder car. I still smile when I drive it - the love has not worn-off..

LS600h L

by AIS from Leawood, KS | September 16, 2013

Deceptively fast, smooth and silent ride, strong acceleration, peerless refinement. V-12 performance with V-6 fuel consumption, extraordinarily quiet, SULEV emissions rating!!! Simply, the BEST car money can buy!!!

2008 LS 600hL

by Return owner from Asheville North Carolina | June 2, 2013

Very pleased with the car. Solid the Lexus construction. No squeaks or rattles. Remarkably comfortable ride and yet very spirited vehicle and very fun to drive. Purchase the hybrid to get the vehicle with all-wheel-drive and other options I was looking for. This vehicle is not sold for "mileage" under the hybrid moniker-if that was the main focus then the buyer would be likely disappointed. However in every other aspect of the car is very comfortable and very fun to drive. The trunk is compromised because of the battery packs but it is not been an issue to date. The expanded wheel base provides tremendous space and comfort in the back seat for people over 6 feet tall.

Neiman Marcus LS600hl "Launch Edition:

by LS600HL Owner from Maryland | November 18, 2011

The Neiman Marus Launch Edition, is a Step up over the regular ls600. Special Edition Color, Special Edition Rims, Interior, badging.... Power, Luxury, Style, Prestige is a few feelings that come to mind. With every feature you could want, Nav, heated front and back seats, rear entertainment system, 19 speaker Mark Lenviston Audio system. The room in the back of this car is like being in a Limo

Best allrounder car on the road

by Car Lover from Minneapolis, MN | June 5, 2010

Power to spare, deceptively blazingly fast. I believe the torque is closer to 450 ft-lb than the rated 387 ft-lb. Got 25+ mpg in a 600 mile round trip at an average speed of 70+ mph and never felt fatigued because of the incredible comfort and quietness. Best sound system that I have ever heard in an automobile. AWD for Minnesota and huge sunroof. the understated elegant and classy design inside and out is both tasteful and beautiful. The LED headlights are the most impressive on the road currently. I've owned a 94 Supra Turbo, C6 Corvette convertible and yet feel very satisfied with the power and thrust of this car in comparison. It just doesn't feel like much of a tradeoff for all the other exceptional features in the LS 600hL. Of course it not the canyon racer type of handling like my supercharged Miata was. Maybe I'm getting old but you actually enjoy the drive in a totally different way. Don't believe for a minute that smooth and quiet power is bland once you feel the aircraft like thrust from 50 - 75+ mph. Drive one to feel it. I miss my 'Vette but I love this car!!

A glimpse of the driving future

by SweetrideInc from Long Island, NY | November 18, 2008

As a Lexus/Toyota buyer I recently traded this vehicle in from a client for another one with the Executive Seating option. I can tell you after driving this for a couple of weeks, if I had to drive one car for the rest of my life - this would be it! It represents everything I love- comfort, high tech, safety, power, AWD, great style and best of all - it's a HYBRID. If Lexus can figure out how to make this vehicle for a little less money - it might be my permanent road car.

A modern masterpiece

by Guy who likes big luxury cars from Portland, Oregon | August 13, 2007

I just bought a LS hybrid. It is fantastic! Not only does it have substantial power, but it has terrific fuel economy. I average 24 miles per gallon combined, and I also drive 20,000 miles per year, so I expect the millage to get better once the engine breaks in. The Lexus has a great backseat. It is like a limousine, which is great because I am frequently driving around clients and co workers. It has a masage function, heating and cooling system, and it reclines. My lexus is black with a light Gray interior with Gray wood trim. I paid a little over $120,000 for my car and I feel it is the best buy in its class, despite its rediculously high price. It is very quick, handles well, has the same features, and more safety features, and gets much better gas millage. Other cars I test drove were Mercedes S600(REALLY OVERPRICED), BMW 760Li, and Audi A8L w12, which I almost bought over the lexus, but is cost a bit more. Overall, this is a great car with few minuses and many pluses.

Featured Services for this Lexus LS 600h