2000 Lexus LX 470

2000 Lexus LX 470

Available in 1 styles:  LX 470 shown

13 city / 16 hwy

Overall

The finest vehicle I've ever owned!

by Indy LX470 from Indianapolis, Indiana | July 11, 2010

I've owned Jaguars and Mercedes and this is by far the best vehicle I've EVER owned. Maintenance isn't cheap but it's nothing compared to a Mercedes. The body style is almost identical from 98-2007 so it's timeless. Great truck, comfortable, and the height level adjustable suspension is great for ease of getting in and out of my parents. If you want luxury but safety of an SUV...this is the vehicle. You will not be disappointed.

Best Cost of Ownership

by Colorado Ski & Hockey Dad from Masonville, Colorado | February 28, 2010

We live in the mountains of Colorado. Most flatlanders won't even attempt to come up my driveway (12 degree grade), much less the switchbacks that lead to my house. I use my 4Low and ride the gears daily. I have 122K on my 2000 LX470 and aside from replacing the timing chain at 100K and the occasional change of fluids,brakes and tires I have never had an unexpected maintenance cost or unplanned downtime - which, for me, could be the difference between sleeping in my car 'til help arrives or getting home safe. My Lexus has been on the desert trails of Moab and the two track trails of Leadville, Gunnison and beyond. My only wish would be the one piece axle of the older Cruiser's but, since I have never had a problem and it's a capable four-wheeler, no big deal. Occasionally I'll wash it and take it to a fancy restaurant in Vail or Aspen wher it fits in just fine. It's a great value too - at 10 yrs old mine looks good, runs great and I'm pretty sure will easily go another 120K w/ no problem. They should give people 20 yr loans on these cars. Yes, they're expensive but when you consider the cost of ownership, over the long haul they're cheaper to own than just about any other car out there.

Best SUV Ever

by Ricky from Houston, Texas | October 2, 2008

For the money, the is simply the best luxury SUV on the market. We purchased ours new in 2000 and have absolutely had no problems- -none. I have owned a 2003 Lexus SC 430 and this Lexus beats it hands down for ride and comfort. Features are unmatched in any other SUV. I also own a 2007 Mercedes G500 and I prefer the Lexus.

Very poor long term

by Barneyhyphen from Nashville, TN | January 28, 2007

We have owned this car from new in Feb 2000. This large SUV drives like a car and is extremely comfortable. However... At 72,000 the Transmission self destructed. Lexus supplied the new tranny and we agreed to pay the labor. At 86,000 the driver's seat totally split along two seams. Lexus has refused to stand any of the repair replacement cost. At 102,000 tohe internal termination block/fusebox started a high pitched whistle. Lexus stood the part, we stood the labor. 105,000 the paint starting to show very extreme deterioration. Ongoing conversation with Lexus to repaint the car. Manufacturing fault with 99/00 LX470's in Smokey Topaz.

Featured Services for this Lexus LX 470