2002 Lexus LX 470

13 city / 16 hwy

Overall

One of the Best Cars I Have Ever Owned

by Car Enthusiast from San Diego, CA. | January 12, 2013

I've owned many cars since 1976, mostly sports cars, but once both of my children were born, i bought a new 2002 Lexus LX470, my first SUV. I did pay a little bit more than i shouldve, $72,000 sticker price, but that's because I had no problem with money back then. This car is extremely reliable, comfortable, and it has many features that made this car worth every penny. My business is not doing very well in this economy, so fixing this car and paying for gas is much harder. The MPG is the only really bad thing about this car. It also has a lack of horsepower. It feels slow during acceleration, but I've driven sports cars all my life, so I don't think its a problem. This car also has floppy handling. But when it comes to luxury and off-roading, The Lexus LX470 is the best.

Happy buyer

by Zsoltsr from Frederick | January 16, 2012

We have only had our LX for a month but have been very pleased with it thus far. The only complaint is the gas mileage and we knew that was not good going into it. We have a family of 7 and it comfortably fits all of us

LX470/LandCrusier Reliable Tank

by Multiple Toyota Owner from Denver, CO | October 1, 2010

Prior to this 02 LX470, we owned a 1996 LCX-450. The only complaint I had was that it only got 15 mph (6 cylinder engine). Unfortunately another driver decided to blow through a stop sign twenty feet in front of me, causing me to crush their Minivan like a soda can. Fortunately the driver was not badly injured (can’t say the same for the Minivan). Even though the front right part of the LX450 was damaged, I was able to drive home. Because of the year and mileage, the insurance company totaled it, and thus started my search fro a replacement. I decided between a 2005-2006 4-runner limited (V-8, leather seats, tow package, 4x4) or a 2001-2003 Lexus LX-470 (or Land Cruiser equivalent). We decided on the LX470, mainly because of how the LX450 held up in a crash. Having two small children, makes it a real easy choice of what is important. Though the 4Runner is an excellent choice, and one we would also have been happy with, the LX470 can seat 8 comfortably. Another plus is it is easier to find a LX470 loaded then it is to find a 4Runner with every option we wanted. The only complaint (and why I took off stars above, is that this V8 only gets 13 MPG (of course better on the highway). I have since added a back-up camera license plate (see Crimestopper.com) I also like the electric retracting mirrors, and height control.

Lexus LX 470

by jack attack from Texas | January 24, 2009

This SUV is a refined driving machine. It has a ride that is hard to match and a significant number of features such as an adjustable suspension (5 level selection between soft and firm). It lacks take off power because the engine is to small for its 5000+ lb. weight. Front seats do not go back far so anyone over 6'2" will find it too close. Otherwise a beautiful vehicle to drive.

Extremely Reliable

by LX FOR LIFE from Dallas, TX | August 29, 2006

This is my second LX (470)--the first one was a 1996 450. This one rides a lot smoother and has rear a/c/heat. This unit handles better as well. More value for the money on the pre-owned models (and a lot easier on the pockets!).

Featured Services for this Lexus LX 470