The 2009 Lexus LX 570 was introduced in 2008 as a replacement for the LX 470. Lexus markets the truck as the ultimate combination of comfort and utility, but it's possible that's just a ploy to justify having a luxury SUV that's still truck-based. Competitors include other $75,000 SUVs like the Land Rover Range Rover and Mercedes-Benz GL550.
New for 2009
Lexus has added more luxury items for 2009, including a new Premium Package that includes a mini-refrigerator in the front console.
The LX 570 resembles the LX 470 it replaced, with a nose that mimics Lexus' current line of sedans.
- Body-on-frame construction
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- 4 inches longer and almost an inch wider than the previous generation
- Active Height Control lowers the SUV for easier entry
Lexus says the 4 inches of greater length from bumper to bumper adds the same amount of space to the cabin compared to the previous generation. In terms of legroom, inches make a big difference. Still, the third-row seats are similar to the new crop of crossover SUVs in that their cushions are rather close to the floor. For third-row access, the second-row seat is split 40/20/40, and the outboard segments power-slide forward. The standard third-row seat is split 50/50, and its halves fold upward along the side walls.
- Touch-screen navigation with real-time traffic information
- Premium stereo with XM Satellite Radio
- Available 19-speaker Mark Levinson audio system with surround sound and a hard drive
- Heated front seats standard; heated rear seats and heated and cooled front seats available
- Available parking sonar alert
- Available adaptive cruise control
- Available backseat DVD video system with 9-inch screen
Under the Hood
The LX 570 is named after its 5.7-liter V-8 engine. The suspension is a sophisticated combination of air springs and adaptive shock absorbers that automatically optimize for comfort, performance and body control. Lexus says the "cross-linked" system collects and crunches data from sensors at all four wheels to intuit how each corner should react.
- 383-horsepower, 5.7-liter V-8 with 403 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- 8,500-pound towing capacity
LX models equipped with optional adaptive cruise control also feature a Pre-Collision System that detects impending collisions via radar and tightens seat belts before impact; typically these features activate along with the airbags once the "crash event" has begun.
- Front-seat side-impact bags
- Second-row side-impact airbags
- Knee airbag for both front occupants
- Three-row side curtain airbags
- Active head restraints
- Electronic stability system
- Antilock brakes
- Seat belt pretensioners for the front and outboard second-row seats
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Lexus LX 570
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.