The Lexus LX 570 is a full-size truck-based SUV that has seats for up to eight people in three rows. Standard luxury features include a navigation system and four-zone air conditioning. Competitors include other luxury SUVs like the Land Rover Range Rover and Mercedes-Benz GL550.
New for 2010
Technology enhancements to the 2010 LX 570 include a newly standard USB port for plugging in an iPod. There now is the ability to stream music to the audio system using Bluetooth. The SUV also features standard Safety Connect, a communication system that includes crash notification and can help locate the LX 570 if it's stolen.
The front of the LX 570 is dominated by a large grille and angular headlights. The corners of the SUV are rounded, and the smooth body panels are free of cladding. Even with these styling cues, however, it maintains the general look of a traditional SUV.
- Body-on-frame construction
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Active Height Control can lower or raise SUV
- Adaptive suspension with three modes
- Adaptive headlights and LED taillamps
Leather-trimmed seats and interior surfaces are standard, and the front bucket seats have power-extending seat cushions. The second-row bench seat is split 40/20/40, and it comes standard with a power-sliding feature that lets it move forward or backward 4.1 inches. The standard power-operated third row is split 50/50, and its halves fold upward along the side walls. The third row is similar to the current crop of crossovers in that their cushions are rather close to the floor, which can be uncomfortable.
- Touch-screen navigation system includes trial subscription for XM traffic and weather information
- Premium nine-speaker audio system
- Optional 19-speaker Mark Levinson audio system
- Heated front seats standard; heated rear seats and heated and ventilated front seats are optional
- Optional adaptive cruise control
- Optional backseat entertainment system with 9-inch screen
- Optional cooled storage box
Under the Hood
The LX 570 is named after its 5.7-liter V-8 engine. The suspension is a sophisticated combination of air springs and adaptive shock absorbers that automatically optimize themselves based on driving conditions.
- 383-horsepower, 5.7-liter V-8 with 403 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- 12/18 mpg city/highway
- Full-time four-wheel drive
- 8,500-pound towing capacity
The SUV is available with an optional Pre-Collision System that detects impending collisions via radar and tightens seat belts before impact; typically these features activate along with the airbags once the "crash event" has begun.
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Second-row side-impact airbags
- Knee airbag for both front occupants
- Three-row side curtain airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Electronic stability system
- Antilock disc brakes
- Seat belt pretensioners for the front and outboard second-row seats