2013 Lexus LX 570

12 city / 17 hwy

Overall

A True Off Roader with Luxury

by Off Road Junkie from Houston, TX | June 10, 2013

After my '93 Toyota Land Cruiser finally pulled its last leg at 672,000 miles, it was time for a new SUV. I was originally considering to purchase the new '13 Land Cruiser, but when I saw its more luxurious sibling the Lexus LX570, it just looked better both inside and out. But underneath all that luxury, it's still that same good old rugged Toyota that I fell in love with 12 years ago. I also tested other luxury off-road SUVs that I was considering. The new Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged was the best-looking and the most powerful, but feared for its reliability (I had an '08 RR Supercharged that became VERY problematic after 50k miles). The new Infiniti QX56 which I really liked due to the fact that it was based on the Nissan Patrol and not the Armada, but was not crazy about the exterior styling and I've seen a lot of them on the road. And finally, the Mercedes-Benz G550, which is very unique and its long heritage, but the ride was too harsh and I was looking over at $130k with the options that I wanted. All in all, I just went for the LX570, because it was the most reasonably priced and planning on keeping it until its on its last leg. The main purpose why I purchased it was because I like to take it for some serious off-roading, and this behemoth exceeded my expectations! There's a reason why the owner's manual is as thick as a dictionary, and because there's an overwhelming amount of settings for all different kinds of terrain, and yet it's a very comfortable ride on uneven surfaces. Now it does get horrible fuel economy (15-17 hwy), but then again it's a body-on-frame build and it shouldn't be a problem if you spend $90k on an SUV. Overall, I'm really happy with the LX570, and knowing that it's a Toyota underneath, I'm really hoping to keep this SUV for at least a decade.

Uses car for Off-roading

Best Luxury SUV on the planet

by Mike from Dallas, Texas | October 19, 2012

If you want a Luxury SUV this one is it. There are quite a few improvements for 2013. The ride is extremely comfortable and you have torque on demand if you need to merge onto the freeway in a hurry. The height adjustment comes in very handy if you happen to take it off road where it is quite capable as well.