1999 Lexus RX 300

Available in 2 styles:  Rx300 4dr fwd shown

19 city / 22–24 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Driving it until the wheels fall off...

by Thrifty Driver from Atlanta | October 22, 2013

Seriously, this must be the most unbelievable car built. I have 248,000 miles on my old RX300...same motor, same transmission, same original timing belt...just a few ignition coils changed, tires, breaks, alternator and a battery. This car just does everything! Just change the oil and you are off! I would recommend this ca to anyone looking for reliable transportation.

Lexus

by Guo from Philadelphia | October 12, 2013

Purchase the Lexus 300 rx, good car with the right price $5800. Great customer service. I would recommend this place.

Unbelievable car

by Super LeX from Chicago | February 7, 2013

My RX 300 is my second LEXUS and the best ever,ever,ever. .. I have 162000 mies on it and never had any problems. We will definitely consider purchasing this vehicle again in the future!" Enjoy this RX300! ;)

Never Again

by Jeff from Madison WI | December 8, 2012

I bought this car with 75k miles on it....beautiful looking, styling, leather interior, venetian red color. Within 6 months of purchasing the car, it would not stay in gear when it warmed up...neutral only. According to the Lexus owners site, if you flush out the transmission and replace the filter, the transmission will work again. I have done this every 15k - 20k miles to keep it running - it was either that or $5,000 to replace the transmission. Then it would no longer shift from third to overdrive...then it would no longer shift from second to third. Junked the car at 175k miles. No help from the dealer, except to try and sell me a new car - will never buy another Lexus.

one of the best cars that u can get

by max from 91423 | December 4, 2012

i love this car always was there for me doing the right job in the snow in the mud on the road but the only thing that scary me "they are did not know about the ABS" but i m defiantly will recommend these car

WORST CAR EVER!

by Wilson from Bay Area, CA | June 21, 2012

Bought this car new in 99 and since have had to replace the transmission twice at 55k miles and then again at 120k. The car only has 145k on it right now and I feel the transmission may need replacing in the next 15k miles. Its not just me other people have reported transmission problems just look around the web. Other than than that I was parked on a hill once to go into a store and when I came back out it was gone. But oh no it was not stolen, the parking brake had failed and caused the car to roll off down the hill!! Thankfully it rolled onto an empty lot where construction was about to begin rather than a building or traffic. This car has been a total money pit. The absolute worst car ever built. Pros: Good ride before the suspension wears, Quiet, Willing Engine, Space in back. Cons: RELIABILITY, Fuel Economy, Build Quality, Repair Costs. Cost to run: Transmission first failure $5400, Transmission second failure $5600, Parking brake failure $450, Body damage related to failure of parking brake $6540. Other than all of these there is the cost of regular work is more than domestics and about the same as the German rivals but in those oil changes are every 15k miles in this they are every 3k miles. My wife just got a GLK 350 and it has been the best. I may soon trade this in for one too if finances allow. DO NOT BUY A LEXUS! TERRIBLE RELIABILITY AND BUILD QUALITY.

Great value

by Hooked on Lexus from Renton, WA | April 16, 2011

This 99 Lexus RX300 was one of many we looked and and test drove. It was well maintained with over 155k original miles. Kind of scary buying a car with that many miles, but these cars go forever if maintained properly. We decided to pick this vehicle over the many others (including other used makes/models with less mileage) because the owner kept excellent maintenance records which made it easy to decide this was the one, and the price was right. We just continued using the same Lexus dealer to have it checked when we purchased it from another dealer since they had all the orig. history. The car was just as beautiful as the new ones, and the ride is wonderful. Luxury! We read some horror stories about the RX300 but so far have had no issues except the transmission shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear is a bit slow when the car is cold. Once warmed up it shifts fine. This is why it gets 4 stars instead of 5. Nothing else to report, it is a good car and we hope to have it for a few years.

Great vehicle

by Maz from St. Paul, MN | March 28, 2011

I bought this vehicle in 2006 after much debate. I was looking at a number of different SUV's, but this is the one that I really wanted. I wasa little nervous about buying a luxury brand like Lexus because of repair costs. This vehicle has been amazing and reliable and I am glad that I bought it. It is now 11 years old and still in great condition. I have been amazed by the quality and my 1999 feels better than a lot of other newer cars out there. It has been extremely reliable and I have had to do some repairs, but that is to be expected. I now have 140,000 miles on it and I still love it. I have been looking at new cars but I am scared to buy anything because I now have high expectations! Vehicle handles fantastic in the snow (I live in Minnesota), and it is still extremely comfortable. I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone!

A very reailbe suv

by Terri from Florida | February 19, 2011

My SUV i has 125,000 milles, and runs very very well., I have found that car to be very very reliable, Had only to do the usual maintence work over the last 11 years since I purchased car, My only negative review is that it is difficulit to do a 3 point turn (or ""K") turn. Does not make the turn well, But other wise, I like my car very much, And, feel quite safe in it, w

1999 RX300

by Reviwer Dude from Northern Illinois | November 22, 2010

This is the first year for this model. We bought it used in 9/2010, 135,000 miles. Everything still works and interior and exterior has held up well. Quality materials. 6 slot CD changer. AM/FM. Ride is stiff, slightly noisy, good excelleration. Great view of the road. Purchased for the safety features for new driver.

Featured Services for this Lexus RX 300