2001 Lexus RX 300

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Unbelievable Purchase

by Car Lover from Small town, South Carolina | July 24, 2013

My purchase of a 2001 RX 300 Lexus is right on for this period in my life! I had the best salesman I've ever had, and he had a take-it-or-leave-it attitude about the vehicle. Although it's dated, I am thoroughly enjoying driving my "new" vehicle. It's clean and performs remarkably. I can't say enough about the great deal I was afforded.

Good sale

by Lexus from White motor company | December 14, 2012

I has a very experience. I felt very comfortable and white motor company helped look at possible problem. Which was just a sensor.

Great All Around Vehicle

by Retired Motorcyclist from Massillon, Ohio | December 4, 2012

Purchased as a certified preowned vehicle and paid a little too much, but very happy with it. Very comfortable ride, excellent room for long trips for four adults with plenty of storage space. Overall size makes it easy to park and maneuver in traffic.

Great Ride

by Justguy from MN | November 26, 2012

Purchased 2001 with 48K. Extremely comfortable ride. Stylish interior. Leather seats and higher profile(SUV) makes it very easy to slide in and exit easily. The interior is stylish and the exterior design looks very up to date for being 12 yrs old! The 3.0 engine has plenty of pep if you need to excellerate for merging in traffic. The back seat has plenty of leg room for passengers. Lots of room in rear storage area. Cons... Nav system is dated and not very intuitive. The mileage is rubbish. It doesn't get near the Hwy MPG stated in specs. I drive almost entirely highway miles and avg is 18-19 , doesn't seem to vary at all city to hwy. Comfort, room and styling...this is a great car. If you don't mind the poor gas mileage.

Best all-around car I've ever owned

by Luxury Mom from Northwest Arkansas | September 21, 2012

I've had my 2001 RX300 for 10 years and have loved this vehicle the entire time. It has seen me through 2 kids (now 9 & 7) and has grown along with us. Very reliable and safe (AWD version). Will be trading it in for GX470, but I'm a little nervous about getting such a big SUV. The RX is really the perfect size for hauling kids, groceries, sports stuff, etc. Had regular maintenance performed at Toyota dealer and feel like it would run forever. No problems with transmission as others have reported, but I admit I drive like a "little old lady". Seats are very comfortable, even on regular trips of 4+ hours. Love that it has lots of pockets and holders for purse, phone, sunglasses, etc. Sorry guys, but it's a well-designed woman's car. Kids, dog and Mom still love this ol' car. The GX is more manly and not designed for a woman driver, but I hope it's as reliable and comfortable as the RX.

Seems great so far.

by RX Bob from Overland Park | September 4, 2012

I'm pretty happy with my recent purchase. Has 109K miles and had the power locking mechanizm replaced on the drivers door. Not a big deal.

Still looks great

by Davec from Illinois | September 2, 2012

My wife's car Owned the car for 9 years. Very comfortable, fit and finish first class, still looks very good. Not as reliable as I expected from a Lexus. Replaced wheel bearings, door locks. Replaced the engine at 92,000 miles (free by Lexus). Replaced the transmission at 145,000 miles. We're about to replace it with a RX350

I must have got a lemon

by working manscar from JOHNSON CITY | December 17, 2011

I also own a 2001 RX300 with aprox the same miles as this one. I love the styling and comfort of this vehicle. It has a wonderful ride. However i have owned the car just over 2 months and the heater has quit working, the gas milage sucks and it uses more oil than gas. I bought this car thinking a lexus was the most reliable car on the road but i hold my breath every time i get out in it wondering what is going to go wrong next.

Honesty

by Clay from Colorado | November 21, 2011

Great car!! Buy it!!! Good gas millage 22 city/ 25 hwy. Very comfortable for road trips or the market. Great sound system. Perform routine maintenance and 200K is easy...

Nice SUV

by Abby from kenner, LA | July 15, 2011

I just bought this suv and love it, it runs so great. This is first lexus and i really enjoying it. I will do the next one again lexus.

Featured Services for this Lexus RX 300