The RX is getting long in the tooth, but it's still one of Lexus' most popular models. The pricier RX 400h derivative uses a hybrid drivetrain; it's covered separately in the Cars.com Research section. Competitors to the five-seat RX include the Lincoln MKX and Acura MDX.
New for 2009
Besides some new exterior colors, there are few changes to the RX 350 for 2009. Lexus will build 6,000 Pebble Beach editions — a small fraction of the 100,000 or so RX 350s sold each year — with custom paint and wheels, plus your choice of high-end golf clubs, luggage or kitchenware.
Updated with a revised grille for 2008, the RX features headlights that are stretched back into the hood and fog lamps that are integrated into the bumper. LED taillamps sit behind clear lenses, and a rear window spoiler is standard.
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels
- Available 18-inch alloys
- Available regular-length or panoramic moonroof
- Standard power tailgate
- Available air suspension with four ride-height settings
- Pebble Beach edition has Truffle Mica paint, unique 18-inch wheels and special badging
Up to five can fit inside the RX 350, and the cargo volume with the rear seats folded totals 84.7 cubic feet. The folding backseat splits in a 40/20/40 configuration. Cabin features include:
- Power-adjustable front seats
- Six-CD, eight-speaker stereo
- Genuine wood trim
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Available heated leather upholstery
- Available navigation system and backup camera
- Available 11-speaker Mark Levinson stereo
Under the Hood
Lexus' 3.5-liter V-6 drives the front wheels through a standard automatic transmission.
- 270 horsepower, 251 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic with available clutchless-manual mode
- Available all-wheel drive
- 3,500-pound maximum towing capacity
An available Adaptive Front Lighting system allows the headlights to swivel up to 15 degrees to illuminate oncoming curves, while available Dynamic Laser Cruise Control adapts vehicle speed — within certain thresholds — to keep the RX a set distance behind the car ahead of it. Standard safety features include:
- Seven airbags, including dual front airbags, front-seat side-impact airbags, a driver's knee airbag and side curtain airbags pning both rows
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Traction control
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Mike Hanley||Cars.com National||August 22, 2008|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||November 4, 2008|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Lexus RX 350
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.