2014 Lexus RX 350

18 city / 24–26 hwy

Overall

2014 RX350 Shortcomings

by HGD from League City, Texas | July 12, 2014

The vehicle is too soft and does not feel like it is having good contact and feedback from/to the road. The engine misses at least another 30 to 50 hp in order to be called adequate and torque friendly. Here is the real kicker that precludes me from purchasing another Lexus. The electronic package is miserable, expensive, and useless beyond description. That "Mouse" thing for navigation is a joke and dangerous because it requires so much attention to navigate with that it is more annoying than useful. And to boot, the navigation system can basically not be used for anything while driving. It is disengaged until you stop. Imagine, you are looking for a hotel ahead in your travels but can not do so because you need to pull over to operate this failure of a system. Here is the biggest joke. After complaining to Lexus one is informed that Lexus decided, for you, to disengage this system while in motion since they think it is good for your safety!!! Yup, thousands of dollars for nothing while rolling. Climate control defaults to recirc air mode and does so every time you start the vehicle forcing you to switch manually to the air through mode. Explanation by Lexus, get this, this will save gas. Who cares or should care driving this car with very poor gas mileage anyway. You definitely will have to stop frequently when on the road in order to fill up. One disturbing thing is noted every time a door gets closed. The door panel, from the lower third down, as observed from the outside, flexes due to lack of stiffness. Wow, so much for rigidity. Makes one wonder how structurally solid this thing really is. The cruise control is in an awkward position to one's right leg and perhaps could be copied from Mercedes for a better fit and function. Otherwise, not a bad car but with some very annoying design flaws, mainly electronic stuff, that cost a lot and are not functional.

Reggie was great!

by Queen Lexus from | June 24, 2014

My experience at Lexus of Pembroke Pines was awesome due to the wonderful customer service provided by Reggie King. He makes my purchase here a pleasure everytime. This is my second purchase from him because of his professionalism, knowledge of every vehicle, and his friendly smile.

Superb vehicle

by Sox Fan from Montgomery, Texas | May 2, 2014

For an SUV, the ride is luxurious ... super ... my wife and I are extremely pleased. Transmission shifts flawlessly and very smoothly. One needs a technical degree to understand the intricacies of the electronic system, but that will come with study of owners manuals. Lex provides technical wizard at the dealership for training or will come to the house to train the new owner. Word to the wise, ensure the hatchback is closed before backing out of the garage ... oops. Great buy. Very pleased!

Great SUV

by Lexus Lover from San Jose Ca 95126 | May 1, 2014

My RX350 handles great. I especially like the feature warning me of someone in my blind spot. It rides nice and seats are very comfortable. Just an all around great vehicle. I still haven't learned how to operate all the new features but will soon. This is my second go around with Lexus and I must say I am very satisfied. Thanks, Claudia Anderson

Transmission problems

by ybTruth from IRA LEXUS BEDFORD NH | May 1, 2014

I just bought a brand new 2014 RX 350 SUV from IRA Lexus in Bedford NH. When we driver the car home, the car vibrates when switching gear. The transmission was defective and needed to be replaced. Shocking...

Most reliable and comfortable car ever

by Classy and Reliable from Wellesley, MA | February 22, 2014

This is my second Lexus RX--- 1st one bought in 2004 and was best, reliable and more comfortable classy car ever owned. That one is still running and passed on to my son. The new 2014 is amazing- comfortable, powerful and has wonderful features. Lexus put a lot of thought into how to improve an already good car--- I'm sold-- will always be a lexus owner...

Most reliable car I've owned

by loyal lexus customer from Morrison, Colorado | February 17, 2014

This is our 3rd Lexus. Needless to say we are definitely Lexus people now. We love the car, the care we get and the value we receive.

Disappointing!

by Leonard from New Smyrna Beach, FL. | February 1, 2014

I have owned 38 cars in my lifetime and my wife and I both love cars. If we had never owned a Lexus before, I probably would have been satisfied with this one, but I am not. We traded in a 2008 Lexus RX350 with 70,000 miles for this 2014 RX350. First, the improvements over our 2008 are nicer exterior styling, better cornering capability, better sounding 12 speaker audio system, blind spot monitoring system and quieter interior. Now the negatives. After 3 months of ownership we only have 1,200 miles on it because we do not enjoy the reduction in interior quality compared to the 2008. The longer I have this vehicle, the more I notice cuts in quality. The carpeting and mats are thinner than on the 2008 model. The leather on the seats feels very thin. The back cargo deck is so thin that it bends underneath my weight (140 lbs.) when I have to crawl over it. The storage space under the cargo deck is so tiny that you can not even put the trailer hitch into it for safe traveling. The full size spare tire is now gone being replaced by a cheap space saver. Really? On a Lexus? And what annoys me the most is that I never know when the A/C compressor is on or off because Lexus was too cheap to put a lighted display button on the dash so that you could see if the A/C was on or off. You have to use the mouse controller and move through a few window screens to find the A/C window to see if it is on or off. Try doing that in bumper to bumper traffic without having a heart attack when you almost rear-end the car in front of you because you have to be looking at a display screen numerous times before finding the information that you want. A single button on the dash would have avoided this poorly designed system. I never had any of these issues with the 2008 and I expected that a newer vehicle would improve, not degrade the user enjoyment of the vehicle. I bought this SUV because of the high reliability ratings on the RX350 and our previous good experience with our 2008. But I now wish I had looked at cheaper vehicles if I was going to feel like I was in a cheap vehicle anyways. My fault, I accept the blame for that. But I will not be buying another Lexus if they continue to cheapen them like they did this one.

Uses car for Towing

Best Luxury car for the money

by srishar from Tulsa, OK | January 18, 2014

The 2014 RX 350 has everything you need in a Luxury Car and has an excellent road feel. I love the ride of the Lexus RX 350 compared to Acura MDX or Infinity. The ride is smooth and enjoyable. I like the Navigation system too. I feel the only place it falls short is the sound system, sound system can be a little more better for a luxury model, the standard sound system is not that impressive all other aspects of the car are good.

love Lexus

by denrich from Lubbock Texas | January 15, 2014

This is our 4rd RX and they just keep getting better. Had an 04, 07,10, and now 14. Every time I get the itch I think it's silly to trade. All the old ones have always continued to feel like new, never have an issue with any, and Lexus has incomparable service. But each time I move to the next one, they keep getting better. For all these reasons the darn things hold their value better than anything else I've driven. That's why I gave it a 5 for value. You pay a more initially, but you get it back when you go to sell it. Once you make the initial leap into a Lexus they're actually fairly cheap to drive considering the great resale value. Each one has been just enough better to prompt me to trade and the 2014 is the better in every way. Love these cars!