2014 Lexus RX 350

18 city / 24–26 hwy

Overall

Best Car Purchase Ever Made

by 3 1/2 time Lexus Car Buyer from Raleigh,NC | June 5, 2015

We have purchased 4 cars from Travis at our Lexus dealership and have not gone wrong yet! We have had our 2014 RX350 for two weeks and don't miss our 2008 one bit. Smooth ride, sleek exterior and has that Lexus feel. Got the affirmation that we chose the right car 1 block out of the dealership. Pulled to a red light and the guy in the car next to us couldn't stop looking at the car. Looked up at us and gave us that nod that said GREAT CAR!

Terrible Suspension

by Longtime Lexus Owner from San Francisco, CA | February 18, 2015

We have owned 9 RX 350s. We made the mistake of buying this car, assuming it was designed like earlier models. Not so. Lexus completely redesigned the chassis and rear suspension. The car now has the bumpiest ride imaginable. We had a long discussion with our Lexus dealer, and the maintenance manager explained the problem to us in great detail. The bumpy ride is due to the trailing arm suspension system, which was implemented to increase rear cargo space. He said that complaints about the bumpy rise were common among owners of Lexus 350 vehicles who had "upgraded" to newer models. We are in the process of recycling ours. The car has an unacceptably bumpy ride. We are mystified that this glaring defiency doesn't show up in "expert" reviews. I expect that these folks are so focused on performance and handling that they simply miss the fact that the car is unpleasant to drive.

Lexus hype

by newlexus from Atlanta, Ga. | September 23, 2014

Bought a new 2015 RX350 with Navigation, Premium and Comfort Package. Looks great, that's about all you get for your money. It's actually a four- seater, I recognized this before I purchased. It is aerodynamically, engine and cabin noisy. I believe that Lexus design engineering specs are for 18" tires only. Anything different changes the whole dynamics of handling and performance. Interior material is of low quality. Mats are cheap and the technology can be befuddling at times. The biggest surprise was the fiber covered wheel wells. How will you get the mud and tar off. Also AC "ON" options are in cyber space. Quick AC path is to start in Auto then adjust. Most sales people don't tell you all or they just don't know.

2014 RX350 Shortcomings

by HGD from League City, Texas | July 12, 2014

The vehicle is too soft and does not feel like it is having good contact and feedback from/to the road. The engine misses at least another 30 to 50 hp in order to be called adequate and torque friendly. Here is the real kicker that precludes me from purchasing another Lexus. The electronic package is miserable, expensive, and useless beyond description. That "Mouse" thing for navigation is a joke and dangerous because it requires so much attention to navigate with that it is more annoying than useful. And to boot, the navigation system can basically not be used for anything while driving. It is disengaged until you stop. Imagine, you are looking for a hotel ahead in your travels but can not do so because you need to pull over to operate this failure of a system. Here is the biggest joke. After complaining to Lexus one is informed that Lexus decided, for you, to disengage this system while in motion since they think it is good for your safety!!! Yup, thousands of dollars for nothing while rolling. Climate control defaults to recirc air mode and does so every time you start the vehicle forcing you to switch manually to the air through mode. Explanation by Lexus, get this, this will save gas. Who cares or should care driving this car with very poor gas mileage anyway. You definitely will have to stop frequently when on the road in order to fill up. One disturbing thing is noted every time a door gets closed. The door panel, from the lower third down, as observed from the outside, flexes due to lack of stiffness. Wow, so much for rigidity. Makes one wonder how structurally solid this thing really is. The cruise control is in an awkward position to one's right leg and perhaps could be copied from Mercedes for a better fit and function. Otherwise, not a bad car but with some very annoying design flaws, mainly electronic stuff, that cost a lot and are not functional.

Reggie was great!

by Queen Lexus from | June 24, 2014

My experience at Lexus of Pembroke Pines was awesome due to the wonderful customer service provided by Reggie King. He makes my purchase here a pleasure everytime. This is my second purchase from him because of his professionalism, knowledge of every vehicle, and his friendly smile.

Superb vehicle

by Sox Fan from Montgomery, Texas | May 2, 2014

For an SUV, the ride is luxurious ... super ... my wife and I are extremely pleased. Transmission shifts flawlessly and very smoothly. One needs a technical degree to understand the intricacies of the electronic system, but that will come with study of owners manuals. Lex provides technical wizard at the dealership for training or will come to the house to train the new owner. Word to the wise, ensure the hatchback is closed before backing out of the garage ... oops. Great buy. Very pleased!

Great SUV

by Lexus Lover from San Jose Ca 95126 | May 1, 2014

My RX350 handles great. I especially like the feature warning me of someone in my blind spot. It rides nice and seats are very comfortable. Just an all around great vehicle. I still haven't learned how to operate all the new features but will soon. This is my second go around with Lexus and I must say I am very satisfied. Thanks, Claudia Anderson

Transmission problems

by ybTruth from IRA LEXUS BEDFORD NH | May 1, 2014

I just bought a brand new 2014 RX 350 SUV from IRA Lexus in Bedford NH. When we driver the car home, the car vibrates when switching gear. The transmission was defective and needed to be replaced. Shocking...

Most reliable and comfortable car ever

by Classy and Reliable from Wellesley, MA | February 22, 2014

This is my second Lexus RX--- 1st one bought in 2004 and was best, reliable and more comfortable classy car ever owned. That one is still running and passed on to my son. The new 2014 is amazing- comfortable, powerful and has wonderful features. Lexus put a lot of thought into how to improve an already good car--- I'm sold-- will always be a lexus owner...

Most reliable car I've owned

by loyal lexus customer from Morrison, Colorado | February 17, 2014

This is our 3rd Lexus. Needless to say we are definitely Lexus people now. We love the car, the care we get and the value we receive.