2012 Lexus RX 450h

2012 Lexus RX 450h

Available in 2 styles:  2012 Lexus RX 450h 4dr AWD shown

30–32 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Better than the RDX but the electronics suck

by BillInRedmond from Redmond, WA | September 3, 2014

I have driven an Acura MDX and more recently an RDX for years. I moved to the RX hybrid to get better mileage and a better ride. I was promised 30mpg, I got 26-28. But I'm a technology buff. The nav system is far less sophisticated than the Acura and far, far less intelligent than the Garmin portable units. The voice dial is...well, it's not that great. Sometimes it makes me confirm the choice twice, sometimes it shows ATM machines on the map. There is no temperature controls on voice (like Ford) and other features seen on far cheaper vehicles. It will read text message from my iPhone 5 but it can't respond even though the feature is enabled. Lexus acknowledges its a bug but won't fix it. They acknowledge the nav system and voice shortcomings but won't fix them. The car also beeps. It beeps for E V E R Y T H I N G. Short beeps, long beeps, pulsing whiny beeps and we're never sure why. It's driving us beeping crazy. The ride is fine. The mileage is better (but could be higher if they were smarter about when the engine kicks in). The accoutrements are fine. But for what I paid, it could be (should be) far better.

Everything I expected

by 2Lexusguy from Indiana | January 26, 2013

Bought a new 2011 RX450H which was our 3rd Lexus SUV purchase. We have a 2006 RX330 also and decided to go with the Hybrid for my wife and I took over the 2006. Both are loaded models but the new RX450H is so much nicer, the voice command, the mouse control, and the ride is great. The mileage is alot better that the RX330, I've gotten as high as 32MPG on a trip. Also the way the dealership traets you it can't be beat!

First Hybird

by Technology Enthusiest from Powhatan, VA | December 8, 2012

Hove only taken one relative short road trip, but impressed by highway mileage (31.8 mpg indicated). However, I am not getting better mileage in "town" than on the highway as advertised (~28 mpg).

Most disappointing car I've owned

by AVTLV from New York, NY | September 14, 2012

We got this car 3 months ago. When we bought it we were contiplating between MB ML350, Infinit JX and the Lexus RX. I test drove the ML350 (Excellent car) & the JX (Loved it) the Lexus my wife test drove and said it was ok. We chose the Lexus over the others because we were offered by the dealer the hybrid model at the same price of none hybrid. Since by far it is doing better MPG than the others we took it. After 3 months I can only discribe it as A huge disappointment. I'm a tall guy and the drive seats just doesn't go low enough. Although I have enough legroom it never feels 100%. The car doesn't fit 5 adults comfortably and on long drives even with 4 people everybody come out beaten. The navigation is pretty good so is the sound system. The lack of radio memory buttons is a pain when you need to use the mouse to change between saved stations while driving. The auto wipers are ok but sometimes will start working for no reason or will not start when needed and they need a little tweak to be remaineded to do so. Overall I had great expectations from the car I thought I will leave to love it and will enjoy it more over time. Unfortunately, the opposit is happening and me and my wife getting more annoyed with everyday that we have to drive it.

I love my 2012 RX450h!!

by CoLexusGuy from Longmont, CO | September 6, 2012

I bought my 2012 Nebula Grey Pearl RX 450h about six months ago. I traded off a RX400h and upgraded. The 450 is nice, it is smooth, quick and responsive. The optional high tech 'mouse' for the navigation is awesome, you feel right at home using the 'computer-like' nav, climate control and audio with the Lexus Enform system. The mileage is great too... not amazing but decent, I get about 29 mpg on a mix of city and highway. I love this SUV!

Car of my dream

by Lexusian from New York, NY | May 28, 2012

Beautify the Exhaust pipe from single to double with polish chrome will make this vehicle looks perfect

really nice ride

by lexy from Yorba Linda, CA | May 20, 2012

I bought my Cerulean Blue AWD 450h in July 2011. My only dissatisfaction is that I am averaging only about 25 mpg. We live on very hilly area so I am not able to get the 28-29 MPG as advertised. But compare to my neighbors with X5 or M-Class, 25 MPG is outstanding. The interior is amazing, and I love the quietness of driving this car. Everything seems to have a very nice touch. For my next car, definitely another Lexus hybrid.

Improved SUV gas mileage

by Hybrid guy from Rockaway NJ | April 16, 2012

Traded 2011 RX350 for 2012 RX450H - Very pleased with the performance and fuel economy - Went from an average of 17- 21 MPG to an average of 25 - 28 MPG - Hybrid Ride is smoother than non hybrid - probably due to the Hybrid being heavier with it's batteries and recharging system. My wife is the primary driver and she's a happy camper with this SUV.