2013 Lexus RX 450h

30–32 city / 28 hwy

Overall

LEXUS RX450h

by The first-time Lexus buyer from Lake Forest | November 30, 2013

My wife and I were looking to buy a 2014 Lexus RX350. We ended up to buy a 2013 Lexus RX 450h instead due to its appearance, performance and discount. The engine ran vey quiet. We did not even know it was on. The only negative thing about this car was its electric operation. It made a noticed noise a couple seconds after the engine started, and hissing sound when it began to run and before it was stopped. Its manual said these were normal due to hybrid performance. We will definitely ask for a technical-person advise when we go back to the dealer for its 5,000-mile check-up. This Lexus RX450h is my first Lexus car. And, it will be not the last.

bit surprised

by Lexus owner now from Pittsburgh, PA | November 23, 2013

Surprised this $57000 is missing somethings that my $31000 GMC Terrain has. These luxury Companies need to include more things standard. Nearly everything is an optiion which must be purchased in some sort of a package. Even at this price there are a handful of items this car does not have and I would have had to order them additionally. They really need to do better.

Gorgeous Vehicle, Great Mileage

by Robin from Boston, MA | November 22, 2013

The Lexus RX 450h is as beautiful to drive as it is to look at. 1. Smooth, quiet ride, I can hear classical music very well. 2. Tight, confident cornering / handling. (I have 19" wheels and sport package) 3. Luxurious saddle leather interior and woodgrain trim, very comfortable. 4. All the luxe bells and whistles: heated front seats, rear back up cam, sunroof / moonroof, built-in nav which works better than the peripheral GPS I had in my former car and much more. 5. Awesome gas mileage: averaging 29.8 mi / gallon -- fantastic for a decent sized SUV. Paid $7,000 more for the hybrid edition, but feel it's worth it and good to be green. 6. Lexus reliability. I imagine I won't be in the shop much.

Great Hybrid

by Ed J from Dallas, TX | November 10, 2013

We purchased this vehicle to replace our Suburban. We loved the Suburban but the 18 MPG avg was killing us. We had recently purchased a Lexus GS350 and we were so impressed with it that we went back to Lexus to look at their hybrid crossover. We are getting 26-27 MPG so far and the car is a joy to drive and park. We are extremely pleased with the vehicle and would highly recommend it.

2013 RX450H

by DLL from San Antonio Texas | November 8, 2013

Simply put - YES YES YES.... If you have the opportunity - go for it! It is a very expensive LUXURY car -- certainly no one needs a car that costs this month but like I said earlier - GO FOR IT!!! You won't regret buying this vehicle if you can afford it.

BUYING NEW CAR?

by LANDSCAPING from DURHAM CT | February 1, 2013

TOOK THIS SUV FOR A TEST RIDE. GREAT COMFORT. DISAPOINTED IN HW MUCH ROAD NOISE THERE WAS. ENDED UP BUYING THE HIGHLANDER HYBRID LIMITED. COST $800 LESS AND MUCH QUIETER RIDE AND MORE SPACE INSIDE.

Great SUV

by Hybrid Enthusiast from Chicago, IL | January 26, 2013

After having many sportier SUV's that guzzled way too much gas I decided to "go green," and purchased my first hybrid. The 2013 Lexus RX450 is a joy to drive and has all the appointments that you would expect for the price of this SUV. The interior has been well thought out except maybe for a few minor things such as the location of the seat warmers and the lack of a sunglass holder. The new exterior is attractive without being overly flashy. The gas mileage has been good. I have averaged anywhere from 26 to 33 mpg, which compared to my other SUV's 15 to 20 mpg is a definite improvement, and I don't even have to use premium gas! This is the type of SUV I will be holding on to for a long, long time.

First Lexus I have owned

by New owner from Alabama | December 7, 2012

This was the only luxury SUV I looked at because I wanted a hybrid. I have had it only 2 1/2 months, but so far I love it!!!

We love our suv.

by hybrid enthusiastic from Los Angeles | June 19, 2012

We are waiting for es300h coming out this August, after we test the New rx450 2013 model with premium package, comfort package and navigation package, we change our mind and purchased this suv instead. It is alot better exterior looking than I thought. Comfortable seating, luxury, quiet and enough power. I will update after I spend more time with it.