1992 Lexus SC 400

Information Coming Soon

Overall

What a beauty!

by SC400slide from New Mexico | March 11, 2013

I bought this 1992 Lexus SC400 as a project to restore. It was supposed to be a problematic piece of craap to start out with, but it was far from that. It has not caused one major problem yet, you floor the thing and it cranks. I am 16 and had no idea what this car was when I got it. It is now my all time favorite car I have ever owned...(yes, I've owned other vehicles) and is still my favorite car almost more than any other car on the road. (BTW, don't listen to that person that rated it bad, you cannot base a Lexus off of one of their million cars. I'm sorry that it was a problematic vehicle for you, but for the rest of the world, they're really reliable.) Definitely recommend this! (I like this car way better than my 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass if that tells you a dang)

From a time when Japan ruled the world

by AutoExpert from Minneapolis, MN | February 14, 2012

These cars were a no-holds-barred attack on the industry and the development and engineering money spent on them was staggering. With proper maintenance these cars will easily go 300,000 miles or more with little trouble. The engine is based on the old Toyota IRL racing engine, is durable, and built with forged internals! They are only rated from 250-290hp but they will handle all sorts of boosting with no trouble. The interiors are immensely silent and comfortable and have features you still don't commonly see on today's cars. There are 4 common problems you will find on these cars, each easily fixed; 1 - The cluster lights go out - have it rebuilt for under $200 2 - Front LCA's - Cost about $600 to replace every 100K miles. 3 - Headlamps are dim, even when new - OEM HID retrofit are about $500 or less. 4 - Interior window trim becomes fragile with age - Factory replacements are still available! Safe, the definition of reliable, supremely comfortable, beautiful, and easily obtained - for now!!!

I HATE THIS CAR!!

by shouldveboughtanewone from VA | June 21, 2011

I bought this from a family friend the supposedly "loved" this car but it started breaking down less than a month after owning it. I could not be more disappointed. Do NOT buy this car. It has done nothing but cost me money and I would have to spend more to repair it than it's even worth.

best car ever

by mr sc400 from Maryland,md | April 26, 2011

I had 4 sc400 im now 25 years old this is the only car i ever had. This sc400 is not worth 13,000 i would pay around 7 to 8 grand max. Over all the best ride.

They don't make 'em like this anymore

by Essee 400 from Suburban Chicago | July 18, 2006

The first time I drove the Lexus SC400, I knew I had to own one. I'd seen them occasionally on the street, but figured they were only owned by rich guys trying to portray a playboy image. Now that I've got my own, I don't care what kind of image I portray; I just know I've got the coolest car out there. This rocketship on wheels has it all: looks, handling, performance, ride, SPEED, and believe it or not, decent fuel economy. I step on it every chance I get (a radar detector is de riguer) and still get over 19 mpg. I can't get enough of driving this beauty. They are becoming rarer all the time, considering Lexus quit making them in 2000, so if you're thinking about getting one, do it soon. I got a great deal on my dark blue 1992 SC400 with only 49,000 miles at $8,000 from a private owner. Most of them have about twice that mileage and cost more; I was diligently checking online daily and swooped down on this one immediately. First to see it, first to buy it. Don't delay because the deals like this don't last long. I plan to drive it at least 10 years, then sell it for a profit. What a sweet car!

Featured Services for this Lexus SC 400