2002 Lexus SC 430

18 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Old School Example of a High-End Roadster

by Sam U Rye from Newport Beach, Calif. | May 18, 2013

Redline European had this SC as a trade-in. They were offering it at the high end of the Kelly Blu-book at 17,888. They wouldn't budge on the price, and I had compared similar SC's condition-wise for as much as 21.5, so I bit. In general, Redline was so-so. When I came down for a 2nd time, to make an offer, my car wasn't even washed. It had been sitting outside for about a week. This lack of detail, and indifferent attitude almost cost them the deal. If I hadn't made my mind up to purchase the car, I would have dropped the deal, in response to this general inattention and disinterest over the deal. In fairness, when I complained about this, they grudgingly sent me to their carwash for a "comp" wash. I'm guessing that because this car was about 20K less than their general inventory, it wasn't that big of a deal for them. I wouldn't seek them out in the future, and want to thank Cars.com for being THE only reason I found the car I wanted.

This 2002 is a real problem if over 100k miles!

by Lexus collector from Royersford | May 18, 2013

I have owned tons of Lexus over the years...any of them, esp this coupe convertible with 130,000 miles will be a problem very soon. The drive train and transmissions go fast at that age, and may look nice but a $8000 repair bill looks worse. Spend the extra and get the 1005/2006 or later..

Fun

by Drew from naples, fl | May 7, 2012

The best value of any car I've owned. I've owned Ferarri's, Porsches, and this one was just as much fun at a fraction of the cost.

Drop Dead Beautiful

by Mr Limo from Chicago, Il | May 6, 2012

I drive for a living and have owned 9 SL's. Last was an '07. This one is just as much fun for a whole lot less money. Bought a 2002 with 212,000 miles. Now on 230K and two years and haven't spent a dime on repairs. Great head turner too. Women love these toys. I like the fact that noone knows the model year. Now I keep the car note money in my pocket instead of giving it to Benz credit. Also own an '07 ES 350 that just runs and runs. Lexus knows how to build dependability. Stop, Drop and Roll

Owner

by HinduKC from Lawton, OK | January 31, 2012

Absolutely amazing vehicle! My dream car and now I own my own. Luxury, Power, Handling, and Speed with a drop top that folds down in 8 seconds. Purely a thing of beauty. Pursuit of Happiness.

Chariot

by Jay from Los Angeles | January 10, 2012

This is an excellent car,I bought it ten years old it still rides like new.Comfort for two,all the toys u need for touring.Great V8 muscle.If U are worried about practicality don't bother.Fun head turner,top down excitment.A joy to drive,And don't forget that retractible hard top!

I LOVE THIS CAR

by Luv my Lexus from The Villages, FL | January 4, 2012

I've owned Mercedes, BMWs, Jaguars and this is by Far the most luxurious, comfortable and the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. I would recomend it to my best friend!

AWESOME CAR!!

by Brin from | November 7, 2011

Looks new, too bad they don't make them anymore, Lexus needs to design a new body style bring it back for!

Excellent

by Mike SC430 from Springfield, Il | May 19, 2010

I purchsed this car used and love everything about it. I would never own another car other than a Lexus. The best on the streets!

Best Car I Ever Owned

by Weezer from Raleigh, NC | April 7, 2010

The SC430 is the most refined luxury coupe in the main stream automotive world. Its powerful, comfortable and extremely reliable. Its the best sports coupe available hands down.

Featured Services for this Lexus SC 430