Like other grand-touring roadsters, the Lexus SC 430 hardtop convertible comes stocked with a V-8 engine and plenty of top-shelf accoutrements. Its competitors include the Jaguar XK and Mercedes-Benz SL.
New for 2010
The 2010 SC 430 receives a hard drive for its navigation system and enhanced Bluetooth with phonebook download. It also adds USB and iPod connectivity, Bluetooth streaming music capability and integrated XM Satellite Radio to its Mark Levinson audio system. Other changes include six-spoke 18-inch wheels and puddle lamps for the side mirrors.
The SC 430 features a hardtop that retracts in less than 25 seconds. Created with a low roofline and sleek profile, the design was subjected to wind testing to ensure it met Lexus' standards for noise, vibration and harshness.
- High-intensity-discharge headlights
- New 18-inch wheels
- Fog lights
- Adaptive headlights swivel for better illumination around curves
- Available rear spoiler
- Available run-flat tires
Considered a 2+2 coupe, the SC 430 has a tiny backseat that's intended mainly for luggage, which is helpful considering its sliver-shaped trunk. Rear legroom is nearly nonexistent.
- Navigation system
- Heated, 10-way power-adjustable front seats
- Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Nine-speaker Mark Levinson stereo with an in-dash CD changer
Under the Hood
The SC 430's all-aluminum V-8 features variable valve timing.
- 4.3-liter V-8 making 288 horsepower and 317 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Fully independent suspension uses double wishbones
Six standard airbags include the mandatory dual-front devices.
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Dual knee airbags for front occupants
- Antilock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution, brake assist
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Lexus SC 430
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.