2005 Lincoln Aviator

13 city / 18 hwy

Overall

Can't Beat the Performance and Comfort

by Rons 440+6 from Hamburg, PA | December 21, 2013

I purchased this Aviator in 2007 with 11,000 miles on it. The truck now has 56,000 miles and I haven't had any mechanical problems with it to date. Just changed tires and brakes so far. My only complaint is the painted plastic trim panel on the rear window. I had pulled the truck into my garage on a cold day and the temperature change cracked the panel for no reason. I did an internet search and found that this is a common problem with many 2003-2005 Explorers,Mountaineers and Aviators. There is currently a class action law suit against Ford regarding this problem. This has been my only issue. Of course gas mileage and the requirement of premium fuel are a negative but, thats the trade off for its detuned Mustang Cobra engine's great performance. This truck can blow some doors off !

Best design and power for the money for a 2005 SUV

by Ms.ChiV.S. from Sarasota, FL | July 10, 2013

I was looking for a "pretty" suv that could tow a trailer and after test driving 2 GMC Envoys, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and an Eddie Baurer Explorer(probably the best bang for the buck but the interior was not pretty to me) I felt the very pretty and comfortable Aviator was the one for me within 100' of the test drive. The mpg will be the only downer but this is the price I will pay to enjoy this nice ride as will my dog. I cannot comment on reliability since I've only had it for 2 weeks. And I cannot comment on all the bells and whistles(there are A LOT) since I haven't figured them all out yet and my Aviator did not come with an owner's manual. To me it's kinda like a sports car/suv. I like the way it sits up higher and that was something I was seeking. I like the stance of the driver's seat and how it's positioned for visibility this is in direct contrast to the Jeep in which I just could not get comfortable - didn't like the driver's seat stance in Jeep nor the positioning of the ac vents which here in FL is of great importance. The Envoy's ride was nice but the interior felt cramped and jumbled . The aviator trumped them all and I'm enjoying my pretty ride but my mechanic has cautioned me that it will be more expensive to fix than my previous Ford Ranger which I traded. Again this is the price I'll pay:) It's shorter than it's sister Navigator which to me is a plus for ease of handling. It's got a uni-body which is good for towing as opposed to the Explorer which does not. The Avi. does not come with air shocks like the Navi. which again to me is a plus for the cost of maintenance is lower in fact I've seen it recommended that Navi. owners change out the air shock system because of the high cost. To me the Avi. interior is the best looking of any other SUV that I looked at and the comfort is there with some power to back it up. +++ + Gotta go for a drive...

Wonderful experience

by JW585621 from Bloomsburg, PA | April 18, 2013

Nathan (Salesman) and Donna (Internet Saleswoman) were stars, but every one I encountered was courteous and nice, which made the nerve racking experience of buying a used car as easy as possible. The car itself was the best deal in 200 miles (I checked) there was no pressure and no haggle and I got a great value for my trade in. Best experience I've ever had at a dealership. Highly recommended!

AWESOME VEHICLE

by cc from syracuse ny | March 22, 2012

I am one of those guys who get a different vehicle every 2 years. I am at that 2 year mark and have no reason to get rid of my aviator. It has been an awesome vehicle. every time i get into a different vehicle they never really match up. The aviator rides so smooth and feels really safe. the fuel economy is a bit rough, but I had worse with my F-150 before the Aviator. the sound system is the best ever. I love getting in and blasting a great song. makes me smile every time. I drive it up in the North East winters and it feels like nothing can stop it. the heated seats have actually saved my life i think!!! i will be the vehicle to which all future vehicles are compared.

What a beauty!! All the way around!!

by susiek65 from Plainfield,Il | March 20, 2011

Ijust traded my 2003 yukon 4x4 for a beautiful 2005 lincoln aviator 61k miles and let me tell you- this suv is the best vehicle that i have ever owned.It drives so smoothly, and is so rich looking and has extremely great pickup.The interior is just to rave about, and just as many have stated it is one suv that turns heads. I searched far and wide to find one with low miles and in great shape, i drove 5 hrs to get my beauty and boy she was worth the trip, this is one vehicle i will never part with, all around a great buy, wish Lincoln would bring it back!!

Lexus Beater

by Lovinit! from Phoenix, AZ. | January 23, 2011

Purchased a used(47k) black 05 Aviator with luxury pkg. This veh. is amazing. All the luxury you expect in a Lincoln with all the extra's as std. equipment. The engine/trans. performs flawlessly. Some have remarked about the gas mileage figures, but if you want V8 power and the ability to haul 7 people comfortably, you pay the price. The exterior styling is eye catching and no wonder Lincoln won awards for the Aviators outstanding interior. My best friend has a 06' Lexus RC350 and since driving my Lincoln he wants an Aviator also.!!This Lincoln is one sweet ride that I'm proud to own.

Best car EVER!

by Love the Aviator! from New York, New York | October 8, 2010

Bought my Aviator in 2004 from dealer in Florida, was the dealer's demo car, have put 86,000 miles on it going back and forth from NY to Florida and it has been the BEST car. So sorry they discontinued the model as I would buy a new one. We are keeping this car, we have had no problems with the car, great for traveling long distances and hauling lots of stuff. It is also a sharp looking car and it is a shame that Lincoln changed the grill on the new cars.

This is the first vehicle I have owned for longer

by Lincoln Lover from Midwest | April 26, 2010

I have a habit of trading every 1-2 years. I have owned this truck since 2004 and see nothing on the market that would entise me to trade her in. She is perfect in every way. I have no ideal why Linclon pulled her from their line. My guess is fuel economy. I have had more people offer to buy her from me. She is in a nitch that is no longer. So many people are happy to pay good money for this wonderful truck. There are not many on the road that just makes it more attractive. A++++++++++++

Class and Classy!

by Love Lincolns! from Fort Wayne, IN | January 5, 2010

When the Aviator first came out, I was in love with it. The styling both inside and out set it apart from any other SUV built. I finally bought a used 2005 Aviator and love it. As far as I am concerned, this is the best looking SUV built. I'm just sorry Lincoln discontinued making it. The Navigator is a little to big for me but the Aviator is just right. Lincoln, please bring the Aviator back even if you have to call it the MKA. The MKX is nice, but still no match to the Aviator.

This car is bangin

by Bombs!!!!!! from NJ | May 13, 2009

Ok so i bought this as my first car it hade 15K miles and i got a great deal and paid 19K and it is the best 19K that i ever spent. It gets good gas milage for the size it entertains my nephews with the dvd player. Navigation is amazing. I am also a volunteer fireman for my town and it is a great size to fix my gear. I a upset the lincoln discontinued the avaitor becasue i am going to want a new one in a few years. But it is a great car

Featured Services for this Lincoln Aviator