2001 Lincoln LS

Available in 3 styles:  2001 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Great car

by Just Me from Cleveland, OH | December 26, 2012

I have a 2002 Lincoln LS V8. This is the best car I've ever had. Fast and reliable. I've had this car for a year & a half and have never had to put this car in the shop except for regular maintenance. Unfortunately I was involved in an accident in this car 2 weeks ago. The other driver was in a Civic and hit me hard and his airbag deployed. My LS is a solid car and absorbed much of the impact and my airbag did not deploy. I will only stick with good old reliable Lincoln whenever I buy a car in the future!

Best overall used car

by race car driver from So Cal | June 9, 2012

Bought new in March, 2001 but returned to dealer as "Lemon"...I bought in in May for $29k 'out the door' with only 3900 miles on the odometer and still as new. Rancho Ford/Lincoln replaced rear wheel bearings, window regulators, AC master switch and, did a major wheel alignment. All on warranty with free service for FIVE years instead of the Lincoln warranty three. Only real problem was the stupidly designed engine cooling fan. It failed at 70k miles and I replaced it with an aftermarket electric fan for about $250. Brakes have been done three times, four sets of tires, always 21+ mpg on regular 89 octane. AC service once. That's fairly remarkable since it has a bit over 180,000 miles at this date, June, 2012. Still runs fine but wife is tired of it and that will doom my Lincoln to the "for sale" pages soon, I suspect. Good car second to my '91 Dodge/Cummins at over 300,000 miles with no trips to the dealer...None, ever. It's still all original but the front shocks are gettin' kinda dodgy.

buyers beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by billygun from kansas city, mo | November 28, 2011

i bought a 2001 ls june 2011 with 125,000 miles on it two weeks later the transmission went out it cost me 1,500 to overhaul and that is a family discount price i would hate to imagine what it would have cost and the problems didn't stop there the a/c start to blow hot and it is not because it was low on coolant the next thing was the drivers window regulator gave out so now the window is stuck down this is the worst car i've ever owned between the car payments and the cost of repairs it has broke me buyers beware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST GOT IT DONT KNOW YET

by CAR BUFF from maryland | October 21, 2011

JUST GOT THE CAR DRIVING IT TO SEE HOW I LIKE IT ONE PROBLEM SO FAR NEED CATALTIC CONVERTER AND TIRES

Beautiful car & a dream to drive

by Mamaw's car from Wadsworth OH | April 25, 2011

We use this car as our second car. It is in NEW condition. Indoors when not being used. We have it serviced every 3,000 mi at the Mercury Lincoln dealer where we bought it new. It looks new indoors and out.

The Very Definition of a Luxury Sports Car

by 2001LSOwner from Springfield, MO | April 3, 2011

The car is absolutely gorgeous. Very sleek, classy and luxurious, but is is also sharp and sporty looking. The inside is equally impressive. The comfort of the leather seats allow you to drive for ours without a soar back or numb bottom. The wood finish and overall interior design gives makes for a very great look. The car is equally impressive on the road. It definitely has great acceleration off the line, and rides so smooth that it feels like you're gliding in air. And with the V8 Jaguar engine... Well, let's just say it can haul some you know what. Now the negatives. The gas mileage is not as good as it could be, and it requires 91 octane, which makes it even more expensive. I've also noticed that it doesn't run quite as smooth in town as it does on the highway. Also, the 'trunk ajar' alert on mine comes on every time, even though the trunk is closed. I was saving for a 2003 Cadillac CTS, but settled for a 2001 LS. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the result, and would make the same decision over again if I could. Mine had only 72,000 miles on it when I bought it. And it is in immaculate condition (both the interior, and the engine). So I have yet to encounter a real problem whatsoever, and I would strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Repair after Repair!!!!!

by Lincoln Ls Loser from Knoxville, TN | November 6, 2010

I purchased this car used for 11300. The car only had 33000 miles on it when I purchased the car. At 50000 I had to replace the motor, fuel system, and wiring in the car. At 60,000, the transmission went out. This car has cost me almost 20000. I will never purchase a Lincoln LS again!!!

A "Jaguar", without the price of one.

by TDLAX from Denver, CO | June 30, 2010

We have had our LS for a time being, and I'm in love with it. It's fast, luxurious, and stylish. I have gotten many compliments from my friends about how nice the car is. I drive this car around everywhere I go solely because it's nice and it makes me feel like a prince and rich. MPG is decent, and the pickup is very nice. I like how Ford put a Jaguar's suspension and engine in this car. I rev the engine purposely in the highway just to hear that engine and exhaust. The car looks like an angel when parked in dim light at night and at day from a distance. No wonder why the LS was the reason for Lincoln's big success. It's time to move on to a luxurious Lincoln crossover, the MKX.

Not bad, wait, yes it is!

by ihate2001lincolnls from Illinois | March 20, 2010

I just drove one of these and out of the 20+ cars I've driven, this had to be the very worst! When I got in, the steering wheel and seat was set to where it moves you foreward and locks you in--I had to manually change that back to the regular position. BTW: idk about you, but i think that this interior is very compact and cheap as he||. Next, when i put it in reverse & it jerks backwards at about 12mph without even stepping on the gas. Then, I put it in drive(there is no simple 'Drive' position-only D4-D5) so I step on the gas and it jerks foreward like a go-kart(Shouldn't a LINCOLN have a better way to accelerate that to jerk you foreward at the slightest tap of the gas pedal?!?!?!). After i get up to the stop sign I step on the breaks, and it doesn't even slow down hardly until the breaks are flored, and by that time the car jerks you foreward like you just hit a wall. Feeling every single slightest bump along the way-and even bottoming out twice at very low speeds- I get it back to the driveway and the driver's door won't open! Maybe I exaggerated a little on this, but WOW do i H-A-T-E this car!!! For a supposed top of te line luxury car though, I expect MUCH better.

best car for the money

by wetherlly from Little Rock, AR | February 10, 2010

I've owned my Lincoln for 7 years now and never had a problem Now with 237K on the odometer you can't tell me that this car isn't reliable. it take me from work and back getting 27MPG in a V8 that passes all other traffic. when it comes to quality I've had four wrecks and it still drives the same way it did when I bought it. it has heated seats, moon roof, a premium sounding stereo, and with all that comes the best reliability I've ever had in any car. Not even my wifes Corolla has this reliability. Over 200K and still rolling. the seats are designed to maximize comfort. you can drive all day long and still feel good about it. I will recommend this car to everyone i know and feel like I'm doing a favor for them. letting them know that Lincoln has change for the better in every segment.

Featured Services for this Lincoln LS